Jhon Durán

PieFacE

18 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

I genuinely think he will be the FFP sacrifice sale in the summer to Chelsea unfortunately

Man he'll get swallowed up and disappear there.

Don't think Chelsea can spend due to FFP can they.

A project player, like Rogers, who due to his skill set is part of the 1st team. I'm not sure we would be moving any of our January signings on for FFP.

More likely, sponsorship revenue will depend on league position.

CL and everything trebles for that season

UL everything doubles

Duran does something the majority of our players have stopped doing which is see a sight of goal, hit it hard and on target. Most seem to want an extra touch, and extra second on the ball an extra pass...

Duran just clearings in the woods it.

Could have had a hatrick if diaby squared it to him instead of shoot, he was completely free with the whole goal to aim at.

29 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

I genuinely think he will be the FFP sacrifice sale in the summer to Chelsea unfortunately

I don't think we need to sacrifice anyone. Digne, Zaniolo and a few more will all leave and now we have extra revenue from Adidas, Betano and the CL. 

16 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

They might if they have another hotel to sell

Not to be an arse but it annoys me that every single “He reminds me of …” comparisons are to other black players. His football style can be compared to anyone but it’s always lads with the same skin colour. Same is true for white players always being compared to Kane, Robbie Keane, Soksjaer instead of Andy Cole.

So for balance, Jhon reminds me of Ally McCoist 🥹

• Like 2

I've just got this horrible nagging feeling that Jhon is going to manufacture a move away from Villa

Obviously this would make no sense career wise but then I don't think John makes much sense

The comments from unai and mcginn makes me think his ego is difficult to quell and I think he will force a move for more money or to a "bigger" club with the hope of playing more football

Can only hope he has a good team advising him behind the scenes - or at least a better team than the likes of benteke had.

Personally I think unai should adopt him and move him into the family home to keep an eye on him

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think they can now, they sold their training ground to themselves.

Can't see Duran there tbh. He'll be here or abroad. Can see him in Italy.

Just now, Enda said:

Not to be an arse but it annoys me that every single “He reminds me of …” comparisons are to other black players. His football style can be compared to anyone but it’s always lads with the same skin colour. Same is true for white players always being compared to Kane, Robbie Keane, Soksjaer instead of Andy Cole.

So for balance, Jhon reminds me of Ally McCoist 🥹

It's the accent isn't it? Close your eyes you can't tell the difference

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

We are compliant within the rules and the presumed CL money will help a lot. Nothing to woryy about. 

12 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I've just got this horrible nagging feeling that Jhon is going to manufacture a move away from Villa

Obviously this would make no sense career wise but then I don't think John makes much sense

The comments from unai and mcginn makes me think his ego is difficult to quell and I think he will force a move for more money or to a "bigger" club with the hope of playing more football

Can only hope he has a good team advising him behind the scenes - or at least a better team than the likes of benteke had.

Personally I think unai should adopt him and move him into the family home to keep an eye on him

Samsies

1 hour ago, cb_82 said:

Think it will be Ramsay to a promoted club, probably Ipswich.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We are compliant within the rules and the presumed CL money will help a lot. Nothing to woryy about. 

We are probably just about ok, but pushing the accounting date back a month and asking the FA to move the FFP threshold up to 135m suggests the club is close to the limit. The CL money won't be included in this year's accounts and I'm not sure the kit or shirt sponsorship will either.

13 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Think it will be Ramsay to a promoted club, probably Ipswich.

I think he'll be terrible value as he hasn't really played all year

9 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

That first goal was such a good strike 

yeah that was a proper quality goal tbf.

15 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

We are probably just about ok, but pushing the accounting date back a month and asking the FA to move the FFP threshold up to 135m suggests the club is close to the limit. The CL money won't be included in this year's accounts and I'm not sure the kit or shirt sponsorship will either.

I saw a deep dive into our finances (not swiss Ramble) and they said that we probably have about £30 million to spend this summer on wages and transfers barring anyone leaving or new sponsorship money coming online. Which isn't a lot really for top 4 calibre players.

To be honest getting Mings and Buendia back will be like new signings. 

If champions league qualification is sorted the money comes rolling in from sponsors, I'm sure we will have deals just waiting to be rubber stamped. I think we're going to see quite a bit of money spent and fringe players let go, Durans a brilliant impact sub, perfect tbh, willing to be direct and risk losing possession to score.

Would we swap him for Tammy Abraham's? I think i would...

Â