Jhon Durán

PieFacE

6 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Was it against Crystal Palace at the start of the season? More or less won the game for us?

I think that was a huge goal for our mentality in first half of the season.

We lose that game 1-0 and we'd have already lost a home game by September so probably would've been a few more disappointing home results before the Sheffield United one. Also would've been 3 defeats from our first 5.

We also didn't really look like scoring in that second half so to get that strike out of nothing and then go on and win it late was a big moment in our season to give us momentum.

• Like 4

Comments from McGinn in the post match were interesting, to paraphrase he said he’s a bit nuts and a nightmare to have in your team.

Guess that’ll be why he’s not had many minutes, McGinn also alluded to him having a penchant to get a big head after scoring, sounds like he’s got a lot of maturing to do but man I hope he does because his raw talent is so evident.

27 minutes ago, supermon said:

Even his celebration was cinematic, clean grass slide 

The sprinting back at 2-3 really made me laugh. Proper focussed sprint like he was chasing a through ball.

2 hours ago, JPJCB said:

He’s potentially the best pure striker of a ball that I’ve seen. Some of his goals are so satisfying to watch 

I don't think it's necessarily that he hits the ball well, some of his shots have landed in Stafford at times, but it's how direct he is, when he gets that ball, he only has one thing in his mind, and that's rip the **** net off. Love it.

• Like 1

Watching his first goal back, he had opportunity to pass either way, and I think many would have.

**** that, Imma do this myself - Twist, turn, hit the ****. Superb.

And he definitely meant the second too. Definitely.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

We have had some really reliable back up forwards down the years:

Geddis 

Tommy Johnson

Julian Joachim

He joins the list!

I always feel the likes of Kevin Phillips was under appreciated his whole career also.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Dare I say his game reminds me a bit of Collymore?

Hopefully without the off field stuff.

Still raw , but talent is there. His clinical give him half a chance and he puts it away and stands up in big moments to. His improved his defence work also.

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Comments from McGinn in the post match were interesting, to paraphrase he said he’s a bit nuts and a nightmare to have in your team.

Guess that’ll be why he’s not had many minutes, McGinn also alluded to him having a penchant to get a big head after scoring, sounds like he’s got a lot of maturing to do but man I hope he does because his raw talent is so evident.

What McGinn meant (in my opinion) was that he is a nightmare (to play against). 

McGinn would not and did not make a remark on his personality, whatever that might be. 

• Like 1

He’s definitely a bit on an enigma, as you just don’t know what you’re going to get when he’s on the pitch but that’s the beauty of him. Opposition players don’t know either.

Still raw but we have a very talented young player on our hands right now and I’d hate to see him go this summer. Grow with us Jhon, you won’t regret it. UTV

Posted (edited)

He's got a bit of the Balotelli about him.

Clearly a talent, but just pure chaos, both on and off the pitch.

Edited by Tubby

Â