Jhon Durán

PieFacE

so much melodrama surrounding the situation, i haven’t read anything abusive or “despicable” leveled against jhon on this forum.

as far as twitter goes despicable is par for the course, it’s where people go to abuse each other, not much point in handwringing about it.

10 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

so much melodrama surrounding the situation, i haven’t read anything abusive or “despicable” leveled against jhon on this forum.

as far as twitter goes despicable is par for the course, it’s where people go to abuse each other, not much point in handwringing about it.

Pretty much sums up what's wrong with modern society this. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

While true Twitter has a far wider reach than on here. Duran might not even know about this site but he knows Twitter(sorry X)

On 25/01/2024 at 10:24, Enda said:

Emery has come out twice, subtly, admitting there’s been something going on. The first time, Emery said Duran was “a challenge”. Not “a joy” or “a pleasure”, but a challenge. Maybe something got lost in translation, fine. But the second time Emery said Duran’s attitude was “getting better”. That implies his attitude wasn’t always 100%.

Duran is still getting minutes so it’s clear Emery likes him, but it’s simply not true to say the suggestions are unfounded.

Emery is very astute and will be able to get the message he needs across, leaving the players in no doubt of his intention. In the El Maestro book, a scenario is mentioned when he was managing in Spain in his early years which one of the players takes about, in which Emery literally kicked a bucket repeatedly out of the dressing room. The player stated it was clear that Emery wanted harmony in the small squad, and that anyone not toeing the line would essentially “kick the bucket” on their career at the club 

I'd like him to stay because before he's 23 it'll click one day and he'll be terrifying. That's with a good manager like Unai of course.

If someone wants to give us something daft now, I think we can probably get someone much more consistent and useful, albeit with a lower ceiling.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I'd like him to stay because before he's 23 it'll click one day and he'll be terrifying. That's with a good manager like Unai of course.

If someone wants to give us something daft now, I think we can probably get someone much more consistent and useful, albeit with a lower ceiling.

What would you say 'daft' would be in terms of a figure, @Tomaszk out of interest. 

20 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

He needs to sack his agent.

His agent’s negotiated an £18m move to the PL as a teenager and a year later has Chelsea, West Ham and AC Milan bidding for him. He’s probably pretty happy with the job he’s doing!

• Like 1

No smoke without fire on this one for me.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Duran left before the end of the window.

He should sack his agent but I’m pretty sure that, being only 20, he is putting far too much faith in his representatives and probably won’t see the bigger picture having the chance to develop here.

6 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Would anyone take a direct swap with him and Broja

I think it's an interesting one, I've rated Broja highly since his season at Southampton and his attributes are quite what we need imo, a big target player who is also quick and makes runs behind the defence and has a nose for goals. Bit of a work horse as well.

Duran has some extreme raw attributes, like his powerful shot and his speed, but I have so far not seen the footballing brain needed to be a real top player. Many of the top top players you can see at an early age that they have that great footballing ability, the intuition, the passing, positioning, understanding with team mates. Duran from what I have seen is a bit more of the Marlon Harewood beating his chest/Grant Holt barging into opponents-type of player. And is a bit of a ticking bomb, never know what's gonna happen, if he will get a red card, score with a superstrike or just stand and sulk and complain. Of course, he is young and will probably learn, and we might regret it big time. But i wouldn't be totally against the swap with Broja, only a couple of years older and has shown more so far.  

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

Â