Jhon Durán

PieFacE

5 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

I think people need to get a grip and accept people from different backgrounds and cultures express themselves differently. He came on and was a whisker away from scoring the winner.  He wasn’t signed as a ready made starter we signed him to develop him.

You're right. But I think it should also be OK to accept what you're saying 100% and still feel we need someone better upfront if we want seriously to stay in the challenge for the CL spots.

This doesn't make Duran a scapegoat or punching bag, merely to see a shortcoming there, and it's certainly not unreasonable. This is Premier League football. The standards are sky high. It really doesn't even have to do with Duran, personally. It's about the role.

As for "people need to get a grip and accept people from different backgrounds and cultures express themselves differently" --- you think most of the people who post here don't get that?

I think, unfortunately, people are more accepting on football forums when a player is doing well. I agree that we need to accept players who "express themselves differently" when they're not doing very well, too. That's an area of growth, for sure. But it's a tall order for the average football fan, in my experience!

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Can’t really see where the plaudits are coming from for the Everton game. 

He wasn’t bad when he came on but he didn’t do anything particularly good. He runs around quite a lot if that’s what people are into

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Can’t really see where the plaudits are coming from for the Everton game. 

He wasn’t bad when he came on but he didn’t do anything particularly good. He runs around quite a lot if that’s what people are into

He almost scored a clever goal from a difficult angle.

22 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Not sure why he is being criticised for yesterday.

Sheffield United yes as his hold up play and passing was awful in that one and he could've easily been sent off for the swing of the elbow. We also conceded straight from the free kick.

Yesterday he got about well and made a nice run to the near post and was a bit unlucky that didn't sneak into the corner. What I liked is he didn't react at all to the provocation from the Everton defenders. Dyche had clearly briefed them to wind him up and you saw Tarkowski and Mykolenko pushing him and getting in his ear so I think he did show he's learning there.

That free kick should have gone our way, he was fouled before the accidental elbow but the ref was too useless to notice. 

5 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Wouldnt put it past Chelsea, but I think its a loan.

Can't see a loan working for us unless we can loan someone else in to replace him, we're giving him game time. All seems a bit unlikely given the circumstances. 

I think he did ok against Everton. Was unlucky with his attempt. I didn’t like him messing with his shoe laces though whilst Everton were starting an attack.   He may be one for the future but we really could have done with better cover for Ollie this season. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Wouldnt put it past Chelsea, but I think its a loan.

If we've got someone lined up, fine. Either way if we are crazy enough to loan him to Chelsea I hope we put in a playing clause so he actually gets the games rather than being a sub/rotation player for them instead of us.

49 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Need to persist with him, huge potential.

Seems to me he would suit an Henry style wing/forward. He is such an athlete he could be quite a handful where ever he plays. This season has been a surprise (in terms of the table) which may have restricted his outings as every game is now critical, but agree we shoudl persist. I think getting in another forward and loaning him out next season would be best for his development, he could easily be another Abraham (i.e. nomadic loans; his ceiling is above Tammy's) given his age, he would do well for who ever he joined.

Edited by thunderball

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Can't see us loaning him. Also can't see Chelsea wanting him. Strange link. 

i think his agent is working overtime. seems to have been linked to about a dozen clubs over the last week or 2.

• Like 1

Maybe his agent/handlers are filling his head with dreams of CL, Madrid, Milan and all the other shite in order to get paid. More moves equals more dough. In the meantime we get a youngster who's head is all over the place. Not saying it's true but there does seem to be a lot of chatter around this kid considering he's only been here 12 months. 

I've just got a feeling he won't be here very long. 

45 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Seems to me he would suit an Henry style wing/forward. He is such an athlete he could be quite a handful where ever he plays. This season has been a surprise (in terms of the table) which may have restricted his outings as every game is now critical, but agree we shoudl persist. I think getting in another forward and loaning him out next season would be best for his development, he could easily be another Abraham (i.e. nomadic loans; his ceiling is above Tammy's) given his age, he would do well for who ever he joined.

There was a lot more to Henry than just being an athlete, he had the most exquisite skill and eye for goal you'll ever see. Easily the best player to play in the Premier League in my opinion.  But Duran on the wing, seriously? I can't see that that's a good idea at all. He's like a blunderbuss, all power and no precision. If Chelsea do want him, let him go and join Chukwuemeka there and they can form a "not actually that good, thanks for the cash Chelsea you mugs" club.

Â