Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

That's something different

In the summer I could understand it if we had a bit more of a look, especially if we had CL

But not now, I think the risk is higher now that we end up buying our equivalent of Chris Wood - someone who we buy we get to where we need to be but arguably not because of him and then he's a dead weight that we take a loss on next season 

If a smart loan came up then maybe we take it but I just don't see us buying someone for the role that we could potentially give

Add to that the fact that unlike previous Villa owners and managers, we are club with a long term vision and January signings are generally anything but that. (Still can't believe we got Ash and Carew in Jan, at least I think we did lol)

I still think Werner was a smart signing tho. Hopefully not of course!

• Like 2

Noticed that Duran has started signing off a lot of his Facebook posts about villa with #JD9 which makes me wonder if he's been promised a shirt number swap in the future, or whether he's just manifesting that number. 

8 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Noticed that Duran has started signing off a lot of his Facebook posts about villa with #JD9 which makes me wonder if he's been promised a shirt number swap in the future, or whether he's just manifesting that number. 

Number 9 will probably be available in the summer when Bertie goes, I don't think they can change mid-season.

• Like 1

On 13/01/2024 at 20:27, GlobalVillan said:

No idea about clubs general transfer policies, only when agents I know are specifically dealing with enquiries for their players and even then, enquiries and transfers are a million miles apart in many cases.

In that instance, I know of at least 2 Newcastle players and 1 Chelsea player that could be moving in Jan.

Since one of them has already turned us down before, despite being offered more money, it's unlikely we will be signing him. 

I would be surprised if we sign a striker in Jan but it's not impossible. 

The summer is a different story though. A lot of summer deals are actually agreed in January as thats when agents are going up and down the country dealing with enquiries, mostly loans, and so they often end up agreeing (off the record) to do the deal in the summer.

This can be down to the selling club wanting far too much money to let a player go mid season, or beacuse the buying club need to balance the books for the current FFP or tax year.

Name names

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Number 9 will probably be available in the summer when Bertie goes, I don't think they can change mid-season.

You can change mid season. Ronaldo got No7 off Cavani when he joined United. Club will have to reimburse any fans who bought Jerseys that season with No7 Cavani on back if they request it. 

So we can give him No9 if we want to. I doubt there is that many Bertie No9 kits that would be returned.

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yeah sorry I meant in the summer we could offer him that shirt, or promised it's his once available. 

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

The guy absolutely made an impact and was unlucky not to score what's the problem lol

100% this. He’d be hailed as a player with high potential that just needs to cut out his attitude if one of the chances went in. 

Came on, made an impact. Did well. 

even when we've had players who have been below par, their good character makes you WANT them do improve and do well. but there's something very unlikable about the guy. i don't mind a bit of attitude when you can back it up which he just isn't doing for me aside from holding the ball up well which isn't hard when you're his size. even keinan davis managed to do that (sometimes)

• Like 1

Â