Jhon Durán

PieFacE

3 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

What’s up with Milan looking at our reserves?

Sell them Bertie instead.

Looking's free

They wanna cop a feel? Show us the $$$, big boys

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I’ve seen somewhere that AC Milan have used up their non-eu quota already, I’m guessing they are selling/loaning someone out if they are serious about Duran.

Sky reported the same, though English & Swiss players I believe now count as EU players in the Serie A rules. I'm sure I'm getting this wrong/have missed somebody... Or somebody doesn't count as EU despite having a dual nationality. But as Far as I can see they only have 4/5 slots used

- Chukweuze

- Jovic

- Krunic

- Chaka Traore

Most of their non-EU players either now count (Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Noah Okafor) or have dual nationality, so I assume  would pass the EU rule (Christian Pulisic - Croatian-American)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

If there's any truth to the rumours about his attitude then that's a game changer, but from an on-field perspective I think we might regret selling him at this point - I really think he's got something

I really do believe it's just immaturity and that Unai is handlingly him perfectly. LIke most kids, when they want something and don't get it, they pout. I'm crossing my fingers that  people around him aren't poising his mind telling him he's way better than OW and that he should leave. I just pray JPA is talking to him to stay patient and be professional in his approach like JPA himself and Falcao. 

• Like 2

I like Duran.

Seems a good kid with plenty of personality.

We need talented young players in the squad with high potential - he is precisely that. Our future…

I see many criticisms of him to be exaggerated, unfounded or harsh.

Don’t fall for the media bullshit, I don’t believe there is any rift with Unai - he’s just a young kid who needs managing and nurturing. Believe it even less when a journalist uses the word “alleged”… piss off please.

Hope he’s our player for the long term, could be special for us.

• Like 1

I think he needs a 6 month Loan right about now to help him improve. He's had a year of Emery coaching and has had important impact off the bench for us this season. Most notably in getting us the wins against Palace and Burnley. 

Our issue and his is that we need a 2nd Striker in the squad with the games we have in second half of the season. We are also maxed on our loans so can't bring someone in short term. 

The only option is buying someone and that's very very difficult as everyone is in the market for Strikers. Chelsea, Arsenal, United and that feeds into the secondary market as the teams who sell to these clubs need replacements etc..

If Monchi can find someone on an 18 month deal it would be perfect. Someone who knows they will play second fiddle to Watkins but the salary they can earn at a PL club would be massive for them. 

It's tough ask but that's only event I can see Duran getting out on Loan this window. 

15 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

If there's any truth to the rumours about his attitude then that's a game changer, but from an on-field perspective I think we might regret selling him at this point - I really think he's got something

Are there any rumours about his attitude outside of VT and Villa social media though?

I kinda feel like any movement for him would be partially to give us some manoeuvrability with FFP to bring in someone who can make an immediate impact.

I'd be sad for us to sell him so soon though, unless they have another " Buy back clause " type deal lined up.

Since we bought him I think the whole club has focused now on tried trusted and ready. Not sure Duran will fit in with that now.

I absolutely don't agree with it by the way, there's always a balance but these geezers want top 4 now and to strike when the iron is hot. I think their tolerance for developing players is waining tbh.

Â