Jhon Durán

PieFacE

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

One of those that is the ref doesn’t give it VAR doesn’t overturn. I think it was soft but after we were robbed so badly against Sheffield United we deserved a bit of fortune.

Yeah this - was a soft penalty and we got a bit of fortune on this occasion. We should have probably had at least one penalty in the Sheffield United home match so swings and roundabouts...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, supermon said:

I'm glad he went down softly, stay on your feet and you don't get that penalty. We need more nastiness in our team, he did the clever thing and got the team 3 points

Yeah exactly. Rival fans may whinge about it as do we when it happens against us BUT when you think back to that blatant hard shove on Ollie and nothing given....

• Like 1

Thought it was 100% a penalty and was disappointed linekar called it a dive.

A kick anywhere on a player can a: hurt and b: disrupt their stride. 

Honourably struggling to stay on his feet would have got him nowhere because match officials will not recognise a foul as a foul unless the player ends up on the ground in apparent pain

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

spacer.png

Not many angles - contact is clear after Duran gets ahead of AJ. Ref had a clear view and felt he’s impeded him enough to stop the attack. 

It's his right leg that collapses, get your Claret and blues off, although don't get me wrong, I don't give a shit, we needed that!

38 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Honourably struggling to stay on his feet would have got him nowhere because match officials will not recognise a foul as a foul unless the player ends up on the ground in apparent pain

It's definitely contact but I think we can safely say the contact didn't warrant the Duran reaction. Ultimately if you don't go down, the ref will not give the pen. 

I thought it was a clear penalty, of course if it was the other end I wouldn't want it given, but would have to conceded if you kick someone in the ankle like that after the ball is gone, then giving away a penalty is a huge risk, obviously Aaron Ramsey didn't intend it, but was reckless from him, presumably in his over eagerness to impress.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

I remember the time Lineker praised Luis Suarez for diving against Guzan and labelled it clever play

• Like 1

just looking at his stats, i know he is raw and a bit.....erratic, but he has 4 goals and 1 assist in 563 minutes.

so a goal every 140 minutes, or 1 goal in every equivalent 1.6 games.

Or, a goal contribution every 113 mins, or 1 goal contribution in every equivalent 1.3 games.

Will be interesting to see how he develops, i do wonder if he needs a loan though, to get games week in, week out, to help develop/improve.

on a lighter note, he has 5 yellows in 563 mins, or a yellow contribution every 1.3 games........ :)

Edited by MaVilla

11 hours ago, The_Steve said:

spacer.png

Not many angles - contact is clear after Duran gets ahead of AJ. Ref had a clear view and felt he’s impeded him enough to stop the attack. 

I’m sorry but if that was given against we’d be fuming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

It's an incredibly blatant dive, but thank god he did it because we wouldn't have won that without the pen

Edited by Stevo985

14 hours ago, bobzy said:

It’s never a penalty. He dived, but it benefitted us so we don’t care. 

I disagree it was definitely a penalty, he did dive. But if you watch the video you can see his foot move and he generates absolutely zero power as he tries to push off it when he lands. 

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

just looking at his stats, i know he is raw and a bit.....erratic, but he has 4 goals and 1 assist in 563 minutes.

so a goal every 140 minutes, or 1 goal in every equivalent 1.6 games.

Or, a goal contribution every 113 mins, or 1 goal contribution in every equivalent 1.3 games.

Will be interesting to see how he develops, i do wonder if he needs a loan though, to get games week in, week out, to help develop/improve.

on a lighter note, he has 5 yellows in 563 mins, or a yellow contribution every 1.3 games........ :)

Worth saying he seems a lot more disciplined when he starts games, but when he comes on from the bench he's putting himself about and leaving one in just to force the defenders to make other decisions. 

12 hours ago, Tom13 said:

You kick a player's boot and expect to get away with it? Definite pen.

Fouling someone in the box.

That is not a penalty.

Â