Jhon Durán

PieFacE

7 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

We do need more from our sub striker tbh….would any of the teams around us have him on the bench atm? It’s worrying how quick he is to almost get carded good needs to sort that out sharpish

Who? Liverpool Man City and Arsenal? No probably not like...

11 hours ago, lexicon said:

Nah. Is this a translation issue or are you just really harsh and demanding on youngsters? It's silly to expect him to win a match for us, but you hope that he does because he clearly has potential and ability.

Harsh or not, we're challenging for the league title ffs. We need players that can step up, and for certain expect to make a difference, coming on from the bench. I'm sure Emery recognizes this and will do everything to get a more ready-made player available in January.

31 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Amazed the foul got given to Sheff United after his incident. Clear foul on him first.

I thought it was ours when the whistle blew, was a bit baffled when suddenly they were taking it and running the goal in.

12 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Harsh or not, we're challenging for the league title ffs. We need players that can step up, and for certain expect to make a difference, coming on from the bench. I'm sure Emery recognizes this and will do everything to get a more ready-made player available in January.

Ah yes the mythical world class striker available in January.

Duran was fouled before any incident but whatever reason VAR tried to look at an elbow which was clearly accidental and him trying to get himself free. Why they didn’t review the horrendous shirt pulling on him I don’t know. It should have been our free kick. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vreitti said:

No, but an improvement on Duran shouldn't be that hard to find.

It actually is. Heard podcast the other day referencing West Ham spending 2 fortunes on 2 flops last few years. See Manure unable to buy scoring striker last few years. Nunez is a flop for the money. Arsenal don't have volume goal contributions striker anywhere near Watkins. Could go on but there's non Villa podcasts that reference this and the fact Premier League has moved away from striker centric teams

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Who? Liverpool Man City and Arsenal? No probably not like...

None of those teams carry 2 number 9s

Arsenal have nkeitah on the bench because they start a wide forward, man city have alvarez who can play anywhere along the top, Liverpool have Diaz and jota

Duran is 20 (two weeks ago) I'd lazily guess that the closest comparison to him is Ferguson at Brighton (good player), archer is 2 years older than him

Same as usual with youngsters I think there's a skewed expectation of him and I'm not sure what it's based on because it's certainly not other PL players 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vreitti said:

Well no, not really - that's not one of our stated goals this season and it was never an expectation that we'd be as good as we have been. I don't think it's fair to hold the team to that standard but rather take it game by game, as we have been doing.

Sheffield United set up incredibly defensively and it was going to be hard to break them down, especially with the ref in perfect sync with their style of play and VAR ruling against us in at least 3 50/50 decisions. 

• Like 1

I’d like to think we’d give him plenty of time , he’s not going to get in front of Ollie anytime soon but offers something different , he certainly has the physical attributes, young and raw but not a flop , I think hel come good in time 

10 hours ago, vreitti said:

No, but an improvement on Duran shouldn't be that hard to find.

I'd be pretty surprised if we signed another striker in Jan and how many PL teams have backup strikers who are better than Duran? Not many I'd say

12 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Was a hard game to influence last night. You can see why he was upset and angry when the ref is letting Sheff United players manhandle him.

He's now a target for opposing teams to get sent off. Unfortunately a red card in waiting all of the time

• Like 1

13 hours ago, May-Z said:

Amazed the foul got given to Sheff United after his incident. Clear foul on him first. 

Surprised he didn't get a red though. Unintentional, but I'd have put money on a VAR making him walk. 

I'm not sure how Emery will react to seeing him lose his head like that. After Brentford, I imagine there's been a lot of talk about being calm and collected...for Duran to do that may have put him in the bad books. I doubt Emery has a lot of time for people who don't listen. 

It was pretty telling Cash had to sit out for a few weeks after his indiscipline at Spurs so Duran will be on the naughty step I suspect with Zaniolo back ahead of him in the pecking order.

He was doing fine in August/September. That goal v Palace and decent goals to minutes ratio with the cup goals. You get the feeling he was expecting to start prem games after Palace considering Ollie hadn't scored yet but then he scored v Chelsea the next week and that got his season going nicely and Duran seems to have been disheartened by that.

I think a loan to europe would make sense but we obviously need to get another CF in for that to happen.

5 minutes ago, Adman said:

He's now a target for opposing teams to get sent off. Unfortunately a red card in waiting all of the time

Very like Douglas Luiz a few years back. Came up knowing how to scrap and needs to temper it in the senior game. He’ll learn 

• Like 1

Â