Jhon Durán

PieFacE

He's 19yrs of age, he's allowed strops. I'm sure Emery will take that into consideration when he sits down with him. It would be so sad to see his Villa career cut short because of some immature silly self - destructive behaviour. He probably just needs that proverbial arm round the shoulder. 

I had a feeling he might not have taken getting hooked at half time in the game against Zrinskji well, it was a bit of a harsh call but he wasn’t giving us what Watkins can give us and we needed the win.

Hope it doesn’t become a major issue, he really needs to take stock of where he’s at right now and the opportunity here.

Do we actually know anything has happened or is it all just conjecture? He’s 19 years old, he isn’t a regular starter, he’s just been away in Colombia. I think managers handle these players differently regardless of whether they’ve said or done something behind the scenes.

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If he isnt injured clearly a disaplinary issue and emery made a example of him leaving him out

Good management in my view

All Black winger that was dropped for quarter final of Rugby World Cup for breaking curfew was one of best players in semi final. If this the case with Duran I'm on board with this. Like the recent interview with Emery meeting SAF and letting the players know who's boss

59 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

All Black winger that was dropped for quarter final of Rugby World Cup for breaking curfew was one of best players in semi final. If this the case with Duran I'm on board with this. Like the recent interview with Emery meeting SAF and letting the players know who's boss

I agree and ilk support on emery on most of his decisions. We havent had a manager like this in a very long time if ever.

I trust him wholeheartedly 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

He's 19yrs of age, he's allowed strops. I'm sure Emery will take that into consideration when he sits down with him. It would be so sad to see his Villa career cut short because of some immature silly self - destructive behaviour. He probably just needs that proverbial arm round the shoulder. 

If it is true then I agree with this to be honest. 'Allowed' as in we are all pretty stupid at 19 years old. You don't realise how much time you have when you are 19, you think that everything needs to happen immediately.  This is where I hope the older professionals step in and save him from himself, they see him day in day out and should help him through..

• Like 3

Players get hooked for a reason....and managers like UE don't do it, unless its necessary....assuming thats JD's beef.

This sounds like a storm in a tea cup, from a very young eager beaver who wants to smash it now......

I don't know the details, but trust UE to handle it professionally.

• Like 2

It didn’t seem to me that him coming off at halftime was a reflection of his own performance but he had to take one for the team as Unai felt we had to change the mentality by bringing on the 3 first choice players to get the job done.  It's just a shame that we can't really fit him and Ollie in the team at the same time.  I'd still like to see what Duran can do with the rest of the team at full strength as he seems to be getting better at a rapid rate.  He has so much potential it's untrue.

• Like 1

I believed Emery mentioned him along with Zaniolo and Bailey as forward options as the season progresses, mentioning Zaniolo as also being able to play up top. I've only seen it quoted though but it was apparently post WH, yesterday or this morning. 

I think people might be reading into things a little too much. If he's had a little strop so what. He'll either pick himself up or those around him will and get on with things. 

Â