Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Such a great striker's goal. Controlled it and then shot from an awkward angle and almost burned a hole through the back of the net.

Not just that, but his introduction changed the game, gave us a lot more energy.

He deserves every bit of the praise he's getting. We have some absolutely incredible options off the bench. With Emi and Ramsey injured we're still able to bring on the likes of Bailey and Duran to change up our attack

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eholm said:

Nope not reactionary at all. His performance vs Liverpool was very poor imo. As per my post earlier today, I still do not feel he would be adequate cover if OW is out for an extended period BUT he clearly has significant potential and scored a superb goal yday - the two views are not mutually exclusive of each other. 
Also, never compared him to Benteke 🙄

What did he do wrong vs Liverpool? He came on at 3 down with the game over

He was at least trying things

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I know many have said he reminds them of Benteke.....But I also saw traits of Andy Gray yesterday.

Interesting. I sort of wonder why *deep breath* we don't have more comparisons like this. Modern black pro's are often likened to previous era black pro's instead of a broader range of comparative skillsets and traits etc..

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

37 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What did he do wrong vs Liverpool? He came on at 3 down with the game over

He was at least trying things

2 terrible shots from ridiculous angles/distances, overall poor touch and control. As I’ve said the kid has huge potential but, for the fear of repeating myself, I have concerns that if he ever had to play multiple games from the start in the absence of OW we would struggle. Super goal yesterday and I could be completely wrong in that for a squad looking to break top 6, we needed a better quality of CF to back up Ollie. 

It’s just how I see it…..I’ve already eaten a a bit of humble pie…..and if I have to finish the whole thing then no one would be happier than me. 

• Like 2

Like said before, he sure is entertaining!

I'm very curious to see how good he can be. Would like to see him on daily basis in training to get a better grasp of his technique and decision making and how high his ceiling can be.

They way he hustles and gives seasoned PL-defenders the Grant Holt-treatment is unbelievable considering his age. Also the power in his shots are hugely impressive. The strike that smacked the bar against City and the goal yesterday gives him the right to go for the shots against Liverpool last week end although it looked a bit silly.

We know Emery wants players with different profiles, I wonder if he sees Duran as a target player type. If so I more understand the decision to let Archer go as Duran gives us something different.

This is how it happened at Chicago Fire. Looked out of his depth at first and got minutes off the bench and then exploded into life 2nd half of his time there and got his move to the Villa. 

He is a bit of an outlier in terms of his ability. As he seems to be a non technical striker with superb technique at hitting the ball if that makes sense. He is really quck without the ball but not quick with it at his feet. And he will be a nightmare in the air for defenders with his natural athleticism.  Love his passion and him being a bit of a shithouse. All adds up to cult hero. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d love to see him start in Poland. I think he deserves it. 

I'm torn between trying to force some confidence into Ollie and resting him for Chelsea.

No way Duran can start at Chelsea currently IMO. He's too erratic and excitable still. Ollie a large part of our defensive set-pieces currently as well.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm torn between trying to force some confidence into Ollie and resting him for Chelsea.

No way Duran can start at Chelsea currently IMO. He's too erratic and excitable still. Ollie a large part of our defensive set-pieces currently as well.

This is not the week to start him in the league, he should start in Poland then he have Everton. After Brighton we could start rotating in the league easier I guess. But we have another game most of the coming weeks (especially if we made it against Everton and qualified). 

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Ollie been one of our best players this season.

No way is he anywhere close being dropped.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d love to see him start in Poland. I think he deserves it. 

Said this in the hibs game when Ollie made an almost pointless sub appearance

Its our first group stage European game in about 12 years, it's where we all want to be, we got there through hard work and good performances, in theory Ollie deserves it, it's him who got us there not duran...

Same with mcginn and Luiz maybe Emi too, from a football perspective it makes sense to rotate them out but they're the guys who got us there, they deserve to play

Â