Jhon Durán

PieFacE

I don't have a clue what JPA is saying as his name, but it's definitely not what you'd expect. Maybe he used a nickname. He doesn't say 'me' either. It's just 'Djohare, brother'.

Ah, as above—his middle name.

Edited by Rolta

37 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Que?

I'll preface this by saying that JPA is probably my favourite ever Villa player, I was obsessed with him as a kid, but I assume Bobzy is referring to the fact that he was quite hot and cold during his time here and even back then got a bit of stick at times. He had two very good seasons hitting double figures in 01-02 and 03-04, but other seasons he really struggled and started off very slowly considering he was our record signing.

I imagine if we made a similar signing these days, especially with goalscoring being even more improtant in player discussions now, they would be written off fairly quickly, at least by a loud minority. For example, Watkins' two season so far have been far better than all but JPA's best two seasons, with Watkins' best matching JPA's second best, and I imagine not many people would tolerate Watkins having a season similar to JPA's other 4.5 seasons here.

Just now, Rolta said:

I don't have a clue what JPA is saying as his name, but it's definitely not what you'd expect. Maybe he used a nickname. He doesn't say 'me' either. It's just 'Djohare, brother'.

Jhon Jader 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I'll preface this by saying that JPA is probably my favourite ever Villa player, I was obsessed with him as a kid, but I assume Bobzy is referring to the fact that he was quite hot and cold during his time here and even back then got a bit of stick at times. He had two very good seasons hitting double figures in 01-02 and 03-04, but other seasons he really struggled and started off very slowly considering he was our record signing.

I imagine if we made a similar signing these days, especially with goalscoring being even more improtant in player discussions now, they would be written off fairly quickly, at least by a loud minority. For example, Watkins' two season so far have been far better than all but JPA's best two seasons, with Watkins' best matching JPA's second best, and I imagine not many people would tolerate Watkins having a season similar to JPA's other 4.5 seasons here.

JPA was light years ahead of nearly every other player we had but had the misfortune of playing with half wits like Vassell

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

He looked like he was about to cry. They had to cut the video off as Jhon was about to ask who the **** was that guy? 

He probably does know him because JPA son is one of his competitions for striker at the young level in Colombia. 

On 17/01/2023 at 17:10, maqroll said:

Does anyone remember the 80's band Duran Duran? This guy's name is just like that. 

give him a tot of Rum before a Game......and he wil be a "Rum Runner".........

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

Â