Jhon Durán

PieFacE

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Zapata/Muriel works so well at Atalanta and Muriel is very good from the bench. Falcao is the one I would say was elite but he had bad injuries. Hoping Jhon is better

I always like Colombia from the South American teams. They always have players that look they are just having fun over the years. Carlos Sanchez was probably the happiest destroyer ever 

Carlos Sanchez was shit. While playing for us anyway.

4 hours ago, dappadan said:

Looks a big lad with power, pace and skills. Also someone who can head the ball in the net.

Something in his lumbering gait reminds me of Savo Milosevic...which to me is good, because I always liked Savo.

I noticed the same thing in the videos that you did...the accuracy of his headers was impressive. Of course, who knows how many he missed that the video didn't show, but the ones that he hit in the video were difficult.

A tall, big guy who's difficult to dislodge and who can head the ball will give our strikeforce something that we currently lack. Many people around here have complained that we put all kinds of crosses but that neither Ings or Watkins is good in the air. This is what we need.

Also, some have said that Ings has been at his best when playing off another striker. I could see a Duran-Ings partnership working very well, certainly better than Watkins-Ings.

Glad to see Purslow pull off another quiet transfer stunner. I have a good feeling about this one. Too bad that we're going to have to wait until the end of his tournament to see him in the Villa shirt.

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Best Columbia player since Freddie Rincon.

Rincon was good, but Valderrama was better. Valderrama was a little older but played longer. So I'm hoping for the best since Valderrama.

• Like 1

Be interested to know whos scouted him, seems a big gamble on the face of it.

The videos of him look promising but K Davies in the MLS would be the star player, jury's out on this one for me, we have a longish list of players who have come from nowhere and been failures. Just hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TomC said:

Rincon was good, but Valderrama was better. Valderrama was a little older but played longer. So I'm hoping for the best since Valderrama.

Falcao is/was probably better than both. Ivan Cordoba is probably high up the list as well

VT would have cried if he played centre back for us 😂😂

• Like 1

Look forward to seeing the lad develop, he looks like he offers a few things we don't have up front, namely pace and ability in the air.

With a bit of luck he'll be getting it over the White Lines into the back of net. And he's Columbian. So White Lines. 

I'm crap at puns 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, dappadan said:

Looks a big lad with power, pace and skills. Also someone who can head the ball in the net.

Yiiiiipppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

cartoon footballer heading the ball.jpg

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We only buy Spanish speaking players from now. Unai can drill home his instructions. 

There will be plenty of Spanish classes springing up in Sutton Coldfield.....for us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, TomC said:

Something in his lumbering gait reminds me of Savo Milosevic...which to me is good, because I always liked Savo.

I noticed the same thing in the videos that you did...the accuracy of his headers was impressive. Of course, who knows how many he missed that the video didn't show, but the ones that he hit in the video were difficult.

A tall, big guy who's difficult to dislodge and who can head the ball will give our strikeforce something that we currently lack. Many people around here have complained that we put all kinds of crosses but that neither Ings or Watkins is good in the air. This is what we need.

Also, some have said that Ings has been at his best when playing off another striker. I could see a Duran-Ings partnership working very well, certainly better than Watkins-Ings.

Glad to see Purslow pull off another quiet transfer stunner. I have a good feeling about this one. Too bad that we're going to have to wait until the end of his tournament to see him in the Villa shirt.

If we found a place for both Ings and Duran in the team and it was working, I'd like to see Watkins wide left because his work rate is still needed in this team. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tinker said:

Be interested to know whos scouted him, seems a big gamble on the face of it.

The videos of him look promising but K Davies in the MLS would be the star player, jury's out on this one for me, we have a longish list of players who have come from nowhere and been failures. Just hope I'm wrong.

Andy Gray, wasn't a bad buy at 19.

Its a gamble, and at that age, its inevitable......just need to keep him away from Ben Mee.

Lets keep our powder dry, and release the euphoria, for when we see him play.....I think its a great age to be working with UE.

I am cautiously optimistic.

• Like 3

I want to be hopeful. He was a big fish at Chicago. He'll be in a much more dangerous pond. Just my view, but MLS defences are a shadow of English PL, nowhere near as aggressive or relentless or precise. It will be interesting to see how Duran fares in PL. I don't think it's points on the table just yet, but I'm hoping he can adapt. Maybe I looked at the wrong highlights, but he seems to have trouble staying on his feet -- kind of Grealishy -- always getting hung up. Could be good if he can draw some fouls. Something he seems to do that we lack -- he aims well, quickly, without seeming to overthink in Watkinesque fashion.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

Â