Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

On 14/01/2023 at 20:10, HeyAnty said:

Played today.  Deal not as close as made out by some

If we sign him this window it will be Jan 31st job but I'm not convinced, feels more like the summer is more logical for this transfer.

Think Marseille are only 6 points off PSG now aswell so outsiders for title.

If we were six points off Arsenal it would seem strange for a regular player to leave us to join someone in mid table.

30 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

As given in the example you quoted... The last player we signed, started for their team just 3 days before we signed them.

We might not be close, we might be finalising the paperwork as I type. 

We might not even be interested in him, but him playing for them in the last game isn't an indicator of anything particularly, other than the club he's playing for wanted him in their starting line up that game.

Depends on what your definition of close is.  

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

If we sign him this window it will be Jan 31st job but I'm not convinced, feels more like the summer is more logical for this transfer.

If we were six points off Arsenal it would seem strange for a regular player to leave us to join someone in mid table.

Maybe it would be the standard sign then loan out for 6 months job. If that cuts a few mil off the price tag it could be worth it. Especially since it might help them deal with FFP. 

I really hope we do sign Guendouzi. I think most of us would agree that a major weakness with the team on match days is the lack of a killer attitude to win at all costs. We've even labelled ourselves as "a soft touch" over the last few seasons.

The signings of Kamara and Carlos (when he's fully fit again) have added more potential bite to the team and signing Guendouzi would be another big stride in the right direction. We need leaders whether it be vocal, physical or sheer mental attitude.

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

Seems we are linked with Dani Parejo as well.  If those links are true, maybe this is no longer happening, or will wait to the summer.  Can't see us needing both in January.

Lazy link. We aren’t going for Parejo. 

10 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

New reports saying this is off. Don’t know if true 

All based from one report that says he could refuse….don’t know if it’s just an extension of what could happen rather than what is happening

edit: might even be a negotiation tactics to get more money

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

New reports saying this is off. Don’t know if true 

Until Messi confirms what “tier of journalism” this has come from I’m not having it 😂

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Its just 5 now

• Like 1

Â