Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh. Probably right. Think we’ll see a midfield 4 of Kamara, Guendouzi, Ramsey, New, when the window closes. Or at least that’s what we’re attempting. 

Yeah agreed. JJ offers a lot and has scope to improve further. He carries the ball forward, is an excellent finisher and has a good defensive game. He's also tall relative to the other starters. We go with McGinn instead if we want a bit more of a defensive shift. 

I think the winger for wide midfield on right is something Emery really wants. He wants 3/4 players in the side with proper pace. 

Kamara/Luiz/Guendouzi for the 3 midfield spots. Can see all three involved in every every game

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

He’s been playing wider than centrally this season. Check @Indigo heat map few pages back. He’ll be a bit like Lo Celso from the Villarreal team. 

Fair enough, you could be right. I just assumed he was coming in to play alongside Kamara. 

If he is going to play wide, there’ll be a few on here who are going to be disappointed when their hero Buendia can’t get a game..

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Fair enough, you could be right. I just assumed he was coming in to play alongside Kamara. 

If he is going to play wide, there’ll be a few on here who are going to be disappointed when their hero Buendia can’t get a game..

.. just as there will be a few on here who are disappointed when he does.

Not mentioning any names, mind 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s not coming here to play out wide. 

I think in Emery’s system he will (if this is happening). Would slot in ahead of Ramsey or Buendia in yesterday’s team. Obviously though a great option for central as well, either in place of DL/Kamara at times or in a three I guess.

(Edit: and when I say ‘slot in ahead’ I should instead probably say we need to get used to the idea of competition and rotation, not a fixed first XI)

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, WHY said:

Moreno played for Betis last Sunday and signed for us on Wednesday. Not saying it’s close or even happening but the fact he played today means nothing. 

It means we aren’t close

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

It means we aren’t close

Not necessarily. Players aren't going to sit on the bench while they wait for negotiations on a potential transfer to finalise. While they're still at their club their focus should be on that club and going about things as normal.

• Like 2

On 14/01/2023 at 20:09, Delphinho123 said:

Or your hero Phillipe?

17 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Much better footballer than Buendia, but agree that his legs may have gone. Not played well this season. Still hoping he can find form!

Are you still hoping Beundia can find form? If Coutinho was much better footballer he'd be starting over Emi unless Emery is clueless

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Are you still hoping Beundia can find form? If Coutinho was much better footballer he'd be starting over Emi unless Emery is clueless

I dont think it’s a form thing with Buendia, he’s just not very good. Coutinho is a very good footballer but not sure he has the legs anymore tbh, as much as I wish that wasn’t the case. Probably best as an impact sub, but on the wages he’s on, probably best to get rid. 

On 14/01/2023 at 20:56, HeyAnty said:

It means we aren’t close

As given in the example you quoted... The last player we signed, started for their team just 3 days before we signed them.

We might not be close, we might be finalising the paperwork as I type. 

We might not even be interested in him, but him playing for them in the last game isn't an indicator of anything particularly, other than the club he's playing for wanted him in their starting line up that game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Buendia is a better system player.  Coutinho probably is better technically.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Has he liked any Villa related tweets yet?

Don't think so, but Kamara has made a couple of teasing story posts with him and Guendozi in it from Marseille days?

Maybe he's just trying to will it into existence himself. Lol

• Like 1

Â