Tom13

You can't sell something if there isn't a willing buyer.

We all know how this goes. Bombed out for 2/3 seasons on loan to Turkey while we pay the vast majority of their wages.

It's the repeating cycle of villa and it's signings. Everyone is amazing. Then they sign for villa. Flop. Loaned out until contract expiry as we have ruined their value/careers. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

its easier to say who couldnt.

Im not advocating selling everyone, but if the right bid came in, and we could get a replacement, the only players i would try NOT to sell are:

• Martinez
  • Diego Carlos
  • Douglas Luiz
  • Kamara
  • Ramsey

For me, literally everyone else is "replaceable" or "sellable - for the right price".

I think it's telling that two of those are new signings we haven't dragged down to our level yet

• Sad 1

Cash is top of the list for me. Hopeless. Olsen if we can get anybody in. Augustinsson., Chambers...

Actually it's easier to say what's right. We have a good young midfield 3 I wouldn't tinker with, bring Tim into that group, completely overhaul the full back and winger positions depth chart and one top striker comes in. Watkins can watch from the bench and work on his finishing. I'd keep Buendia. Digne can fight it out with Moreno. We need a dynamic right back as a priority.

Oh and if we got any kind of offer for Phil, take it.

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

Firstly start from the top. Sling Lange and Purslow out the door together with their crappy transfer watchlist

Purslow stays because he's sorting the stadium. So he gets away with it. Despite all the transfer **** ups.

Luiz, Ramsey, Sanson, Marvellous, Watkins, McGinn, Digne, Olsen, Bailey, Chambers, Dendoncker, Coutinho and Buendia. Cash has also gone downhill.

Its a major squad rebuild for Emery.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

Purslow stays because he's sorting the stadium. So he gets away with it. Despite all the transfer **** ups.

He's not laying the bricks.

He's done nothing a competent CEO wouldn't have done with really good funding. He's disappointed really because the first team recruitment is still a mess.

Edited by Tomaszk

4 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

You can't sell something if there isn't a willing buyer.

We all know how this goes. Bombed out for 2/3 seasons on loan to Turkey while we pay the vast majority of their wages.

It's the repeating cycle of villa and it's signings. Everyone is amazing. Then they sign for villa. Flop. Loaned out until contract expiry as we have ruined their value/careers. 

This is the problem, the ones that we need to get rid of the most are those that offer least value for money and are the biggest drain on resources. They are also the ones that we are stuck with because nobody will pay them what we do. 

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Im not advocating selling everyone, but if the right bid came in, and we could get a replacement, the only players i would try NOT to sell are:

• Martinez
  • Diego Carlos
  • Douglas Luiz
  • Kamara
  • Ramsey

For me, literally everyone else is "replaceable" or "sellable - for the right price".

Agree with this, sadly. Even Carlos position could be at risk going forward depending on how his rehabilitation goes.

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

• Martinez
  • Diego Carlos
  • Douglas Luiz
  • Kamara
  • Ramsey

i'll add mings and possibly even konsa to that list. but otherwise spot on.