Tom13

It pains me to say it but if there’s no buyers for the players we’ve all mentioned aren’t good enough are we going to have to sell one of the players that we think is good enough to fund the major rebuild?

35 minutes ago, burchy said:

It pains me to say it but if there’s no buyers for the players we’ve all mentioned aren’t good enough are we going to have to sell one of the players that we think is good enough to fund the major rebuild?

No we arent desperate for money. Will probably also get money for Davis in the summer

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, burchy said:

We essentially got the money back for Targett (think it was £15m and we paid a fee something like £13m rising to £17m).

So we didn’t really lose out on him and I think his VT stock was pretty low by the time he left. Perhaps that might be the case for other players.

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Coutinho, Digne, maybe Cash. Into the squad players Bednarek, Nakamba probably Olsen who is probably sick of the online abuse

I dont think for 1 second Olsen is bothered about online comments, I would be surprised if he even reads the comments, and I would also be surprised if more than a handfull of the players ( specially those who know they are useless ) care, after all they are earning a small fortune. They certainly dont play like they care.

Edited by Podster

1 minute ago, Podster said:

I dont think for 1 second Olsen is bothered about online comments, I would be surprised if he even reads the comments, and I would also be surprised if more than a handfull of the players ( specially those who know they are useless ) care, after all they are earning a small fortune.

Olsen probably doesn't but am sure his wife sees it or maybe his kids. Anwar saw the abuse he was getting

52 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

I'd have Trez and El Ghazi back over the useless gits, at least they showed passion and gave their all

The problem with losing El Ghazi is that we haven't got anyone else like him at the club during or since he left.

• Like 1

For me it is far easier to start with who I feel we should keep!

I feel the defensive part of this team is a lot closer to being good than the rest. I include defensive midfield in that too.

So for me you keep Martinez, Mings, Carlos, Konsa & one of Augustinsson & Digne as cover for a new LB. Ashley Young is still a useful player but only for once a week, so again as a squad player or Bench player (if we have 2 games in the week). Of course he only has a season or so left regardless.

I am happy with the Kamara/Luiz part of midfield & clearly we have missed McGinn's energy since he's been out too so I would keep him also.

In the rest of the midfield & forward area's only Watkins would be an option from the bench, otherwise the rest can go.

So in:

Martinez, 

Carlos,

Kamara,

Luiz,

Mings,

Konsa,

Watkins (Bench)

Young 

One of Digne & Augustinsson.

None of the others am I bothered about.

4 hours ago, burchy said:

Well yes we all know that Ramsey will go to City in about 3 years time because football is broken. I am preparing myself already so not to get upset about it.

17 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I don't see any space in the team for Coutinho or Buendia. We need a pacey winger for the Left Mid spot and we've JJ/McGinn for the other RM spot. 

Chambers is far too slow for the high line Emery wants to play so we should see him move on with a new CB joining.

I'd leave decision on Bailey until summer. See the form he is in and decide then. I feel he should be playing off Right Midfield not up front

Loans Augsutinsson and Bednarek to not be made permanent. 

Yup and yup. And yup and yup. But you'd keep Ollie or not? You think he's  a useful pest to opponents, I'm thinking, whilst also being fairly goal-allergic?