Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

17 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Not good to have surgery on your hamstring when you rely on pace. It finished Micheal Owen once he started having issues with them.

My thoughts exactly added to the fact its clearly a bad one to be out that long and he's not exactly young either. 

Very bad news. Guess we will be keeping Digne around now. 

Moreno makes us so much more dynamic and dangerous in comparison to Digne.

He's also vital when it came to us getting at low block teams.

This is rough.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

It's a blow, no doubt, but let's not forget that Moreno works well because the system is designed for him to do well (if that makes sense). He's certainly not irreplaceable, we just need to go out and find an attacking left back similar in quality and we should be fine. As much as I rate Moreno, there will be players out there that can do a similar job to him, if not better. This is where our scouting should come into play. 

• Like 2

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

It's a blow, no doubt, but let's not forget that Moreno works well because the system is designed for him to do well (if that makes sense). He's certainly not irreplaceable, we just need to go out and find an attacking left back similar in quality and we should be fine. As much as I rate Moreno, there will be players out there that can do a similar job to him, if not better. This is where our scouting should come into play. 

i'd rather just rely on what Emery wants tbh........not sure i trust our scouting system 😆

• Like 1

Can't see us buying another left back, unless it's a younger player.  Too many other areas to improve.  Digne will just have to stay about until January, he did okay at Liverpool anyway.

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm just thinking if we can shift Digne and go out and buy an even better left back than Moreno then it's a strong position to be in. 

Might be something they have to look at now, but as you say we would have to shift Digne first.  We can't be in a position where we have a New LB, Moreno and Digne all available 🤣

Also, Digne might feel he has a shot now at the first team again, and as he's on a decent wage not feel like moving.

Â