Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

Moreno to Digne is barely a drop off in quality; it’s silly that we have such good left backs at the club.

As someone said before, no need to rush Moreno back. Hopefully he keeps his pace as it’s a major asset. 

Aside from the pace, he is genuinely full of skill and quick feet as well.

That's one key difference between him and Digne.

Moreno can wriggle out of tight spaces and create space.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Similar to how we’re seeing cash play more forward Moreno could do the same too, great options to have 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Similar to how we’re seeing cash play more forward Moreno could do the same too, great options to have 

Before Sunday and despite knowing Cash played more advanced earlier in his career, I'd have backed Emery to play Moreno in a more advanced role on the left, with Cash mostly holding back on the right. Now with Konsa apparently more comfortable covering the right back position than Pau covering the left, I'm not so sure.

It's great that Cash and Moreno (more than ably supported by Digne (for now)) give Unai the options to use against varied oppositions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Moreno is significantly better with the ball at his feet but Digne is a much better passer and is very comfortable playing the ball in tight spaces part of our success in recent games has been digne playing a quick 1 or 2 touch pass into mcginn or diabys feet on the halfturn so they can have a numbers advanatve vs the defence. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brommy said:

Before Sunday and despite knowing Cash played more advanced earlier in his career, I'd have backed Emery to play Moreno in a more advanced role on the left, with Cash mostly holding back on the right. Now with Konsa apparently more comfortable covering the right back position than Pau covering the left, I'm not so sure.

It's great that Cash and Moreno (more than ably supported by Digne (for now)) give Unai the options to use against varied oppositions.

If we play with Cash as the attacking full back it means torres is the LB. Torres being the LCB and Moreno or digne attacking is far more comfortable for him. 

1 hour ago, Dale said:

Vital insurance policy to the high line. Imagind he'll be back in from the start for Chelsea if not Palace. 

He most certainly won't start against Palace, hasn't even trained yet. Chelsea even is a long shot.

I'd be delighted if he makes the bench for Chelsea. 

17 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He most certainly won't start against Palace, hasn't even trained yet. Chelsea even is a long shot.

I'd be delighted if he makes the bench for Chelsea. 

I'm sure the " Injury update " a week or two ago said he had started training?

Not sure if that was with the team, or on his own, but i'm pretty sure.

Will double check.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm sure the " Injury update " a week or two ago said he had started training?

Not sure if that was with the team, or on his own, but i'm pretty sure.

Will double check.

Haven't seen him in any team training photos yet. 

Might be wrong though mate. 

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Haven't seen him in any team training photos yet. 

Might be wrong though mate. 

This was on the 18th of August.

Not sure if there has been any progress since then.

Guess it was " Close to joining the group " 

Either way, hopefully he'll be able to train over this period.

May be an image of 3 people, people playing football, people playing American football and text that says "Emmiera Group FITNESS UPDATE BERTRAND TRAORÉ Bertrand returned to training with the group this week, as he continues his route back to fitness following the injury that saw him miss our pre season fixtures. 24 JHON DURÁN Jhon also joined the group for training this week after playing any part during our pre-season schedule of fixtures. 15 ÁLEX MORENO Álex close to rejoining the group for training, as he continues to work his way back fitness following the injury he suffered at Anfield May."

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

May be an image of 3 people, people playing football, people playing American football and text that says "Emmiera Group FITNESS UPDATE BERTRAND TRAORÉ Bertrand returned to training with the group this week, as he continues his route back to fitness following the injury that saw him miss our pre season fixtures. 24 JHON DURÁN Jhon also joined the group for training this week after playing any part during our pre-season schedule of fixtures. 15 ÁLEX MORENO Álex close to rejoining the group for training, as he continues to work his way back fitness following the injury he suffered at Anfield May."

Let’s hope so - I think he is a really important player for us + Digne has proved himself to be a more than capable player in this position. So much so that I don’t think it’s a given that he will automatically dropped.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Reads as though he's training on his own,  light no impact stuff at that time.  If not in pictures yet then that won't have changed, so maybe taking a bit longer than expected at this point?

Either way, a return to team training now would probably be a faster recovery than I was expecting after his injury. I'd expected 6 months,  rather than 4. Hopefully he's back soon as against the better teams he's a clear upgrade on Digne, but against the mid table teams they're pretty much equally effective.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fantastic news!

I wonde if there is a scenario where we could try both him and Digne on the left at least until JJ comes back?

It’s an option but I doubt it tbh… I don’t think JJ is too far away either.

This may upset a few… but I think we just saw why Digne is not first choice and played well against weaker opposition. 

Moreno is a much better fit for our side and style and makes us so much better and more dangerous, super signing!

May need some time to get “up to speed” but he’s really going to boost us and so will JJ…

I’d like to see Zaniolo supporting Ollie with Diaby going to the wing or vice-versa…

-

This is just a personal view, but I’d prefer that we didn’t play defenders in midfield or attacking positions (more relevant to Cash than Moreno who I do think could be excellent further forwards). I can understand it against stronger sides or in tough away games but we, imo, should utilise our attacking talent and threat to try and dismantle and dominate our opponents…

-

As ever, we’ll just have to wait and see. At the very least, Unai having more and better players at his disposal is only of benefit and will help us be in a better place and more competitive in games… we will improve and give anyone a game (like we did last season)… 

Too many setbacks and missing players… has been a rough start to the season in that sense… we will recover and build some momentum…

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fantastic news!

I wonde if there is a scenario where we could try both him and Digne on the left at least until JJ comes back?

Also… had Moreno not been injured… we could well have seen Digne moved on before the window closed… there were enough links and enough noise to suggest so… it sounded close… Acuna’s injury seems to scupper it…

He can still contribute of course and has his attributes, but I really don’t think he is in Unai’s long term plans… 

Whereas Moreno just makes us a much better team, and was Unai’s personal pick … we saw enough evidence of that last season once he settled and got in his groove.

• Like 2

Â