Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

Just now, catanzaro said:

and the fact it is a winning team means the players are desperate to get back in to training so they are bound to push the limits of their fitness, which I'm sure is what has happened with Kamara/Moreno and Ramsey

Yeah Ramsey breaking a metatarsal and coming back in less than three months was always pretty risky. He obviously thought he could do it and medics gave Emery all clear to play him and then he gets a re-occurrence somewhere.

Big result if we can get him back for December as personally I'm not expecting to see him feature again for us in 2023 if the lay off is a similar timescale to the summer injury so that would be a bonus in terms of player fitness.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Moreno will have to build up his fitness so it will likely be December before he's ready to start.

A good target to me would be the Man. City-Arsenal double header in just over 60 hours. You'd want Moreno fully fit by then to come in v Arsenal as Digne will be shattered playing v Doku and then potentially having to face Saka so that's where squad depth is critical. 

Doku plays LW though don't he?

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Doku plays LW though don't he?

Ah wasn't sure. O.k Digne will be fecked from Kyle Walker and whoever else pops up on their right e.g. Bernardo Silva or Alvarez.

Point is Man. City-Arsenal within three days is where you need to be changing your FBs as they'll be expanding plenty of energy. We've also got Bournemouth away on the preceding Sunday so that's the part of the season where the schedule gets very intense and we can't just keep putting out the same 11s for prem games as results will decline.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ah wasn't sure. O.k Digne will be fecked from Kyle Walker and whoever else pops up on their right e.g. Bernardo Silva or Alvarez.

Point is Man. City-Arsenal within three days is where you need to be changing your FBs as they'll be expanding plenty of energy. We've also got Bournemouth away on the preceding Sunday so that's the part of the season where the schedule gets very intense and we can't just keep putting out the same 11s for prem games as results will decline.

id say its probably safer to see Moreno play the last 30 minutes in both games. Rather than starting rusty.

Other options are to use the centre backs in a back 3 of shift Torres left.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd rather him just be 100 percent fit before we attempt anything with him to potentially set him back again.

We need him longer term.

That's a good point. Let him come back slowly when he is fully ready. 

Though as someone said, if he can play with full fitness against Arsenal in mid-December that would be fantastic.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Do you not see how Moreno offers more? He won't just drop Digne, Moreno will be brought back in gradually I'd say. But if you want to be successful, you have to be ruthless (to a certain extent) and play your very best XI.

Digne has done well but it's great to have competition for places 

Just been catching some junk about him not being happy at Villa, due to lack of game time.

They should make lying a criminal offence and fines applied.....The NHS would be awash with money, the pensioners would have Bentley's on Motability and the Benefits claimants would be off work with impunity and 3 holidays abroad a year.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, TRO said:

Just been catching some junk about him not being happy at Villa, due to lack of game time.

They should make lying a criminal offence and fines applied.....The NHS would be awash with money, the pensioners would have Bentley's on Motability and the Benefits claimants would be off work with impunity and 3 holidays abroad a year.

Smashed into small pieces by that brilliant halloween stunt. 

That is one happy band of brothers, right there. 

• Like 1

I reckon he's completely buggered up that stunt to be honest. A silent approach round the corner with that garb on would have been way more effective. The screech basically told them he was there.

Nevertheless, good to see him back on the grass.

Â