Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Match Polls  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/23 at 23:59

Bailey was useless and I mean totally useless all game. Summed up by missing an open goal in the last minute. 

Woeful first half, better once digne went off and the midfield had donker in it.

Yet again it's down to ings, who also set Bailey through in the last minute.

At least after this poor display we didn't lose, we should actually have won.

Lots of poor performances tonight but we saved a point. Wolves deserved everything and more.

Back down to earth, back four were poor, midfield was poor, attack was poor. Let’s not kid ourselves, we are still about 6 decent players short of Europe. 

• Haha 1

Wretched for the first hour so I'll take the point.

Good job Wolves have so little in the final third as three points were there for the taking big time but that's why they're in big danger of relegation.

All the subs made a difference so personally I'd start them all v Leeds just to make a point to some of our regulars.

To finish top half we need way better consistency from the starters. We shouldn't be going from looking excellent v Spurs to dog and duck v a bottom 3 team at home in just over 72 hours. That's something Emery will do well to correct given its defeated so many other managers here.

What a chance for Bailey at the end. He has to lift it over Sa first time as Ings did (would've been a brilliant assist). Sums up his last few games.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

Gave my MOTM to Mings because he had a decent game for the full 90, but Augstinsson and Ings were the other two who did well.

Yeah he needs some credit. I barely even noticed Mings, It's what he does when he has a good game.

The cliched 'game of two halves', but probably a good tactical battle between the managers for the neutral.

Wolves dominated first half, Emery made the change at HT and we improved. Then the Wolves manager made changes which nullified us again for 5 or 10 mins, so Emery made the 3 subs which put us back on the front foot and we had the chance to win.

Buendia simply does not look after the ball well enough. There's taking a risk to try and create, then there's just stupidly trying things which will never ever work.

Just now, VillanousOne said:

Great point in the end,  how many times have we lost games like this, terrible first half, then really strange substitutions that actually worked.

big Buendia fan but he was awful so was Bailey.

Yes I want Beundia to do well but he was atrocious. Possibly his worst game for us

Well I think we had a plan, but Wolves came out and played it like a cup game. So Unai responded in kind and put on a cup side in the second half. Well, he has told us he prioritises winning a trophy.

What resulted was a fantastic cup game in the second half and we saw our boys really trying and really caring.

I think Unai did great. Must've been a great night in the Holte.

Lost it in the first half this one.

The dangers of playing the same side 3 times in 10 days (aside from Cash and Emi).

Came out flat, low energy, and leggy.

Tiniest bit of credit for the subs but was always going to be tough once Wolves went ahead.

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

In fairness to Bailey, the touch to take it round the keeper leaves him with a tricky finish on his wrong foot. I don't think it was as much of a sitter as people made out, defender was covering. Still should have done much better though.

He's got to hit the target at least though.

• Like 3

Woeful. Bailey's finish at the end sunned it up.

Dogshit performance.

I'm finish at that bag of piss served up just now. It's like they felt they done it all at White Hart Lane and only had to turn up today.

I don't want players at my club with that attitude **** whoever think a that way off.

Out off.the ball movement at home was non existent. Out intent, our purpose, our gameplan was nothing.

Utter shit Villa and aim not lettering the manager get away Scott free as he sets them up,  organises them and he got outdone early and didn't change it.

Worst performance from Emery and his side.

• Haha 3

Â