VillaTalk Deadpool 2023

Xela

59 minutes ago, Genie said:

Lady Cathy Ferguson (Sir Alex Ferguson’s wife) gone at 84

Can't imagine how crushing it must feel to lose someone after spending 60 odd years of your life with them :(

• Like 3

On 02/10/2023 at 16:56, mjmooney said:

Overrated, for my money. Enjoyable enough, but if it had come out in the 1950s it would have rated as a 'B' movie. Now, speaking as something of a connoisseur of them, there is absolutely nothing wrong with B-westerns - but there is nothing here that makes it stand out from the crowd. The fact that it is always showing on one of the 'high numbered' TV channels says it all. 

Open Range. On '5 Action', right now. Again. 

Buck Trent has died. The name won't be familiar but he was part of Porter Wagoners band for many years but his is the banjo that you can hear on Dolly's Jolene. Buck did a lot more than that as an accomplished session player, but tunes don't get much bigger than Jolene. 

Edited by Seat68

9 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Buck Trent has died. The name won't be familiar but he was part of Porter Wagoners band for many years but his is the banjo that you can hear on Dolly's Jolene. Buck did a lot more than that as an accomplished session player, but tunes don't get much bigger than Jolene. 

Is that the country version of the Strawberry Switchblade song?

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

Is that the country version of the Strawberry Switchblade song?

That's the one apparently Dolly heard the White Stripes cover Strawberry Switchblade and decided to do a country version. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Piper Laurie gone at 91.

Piper Laurie, Carrie, and My Inner 7th Grade Girl – Performance Fitness

Brilliant in Carrie, even better is the fact that throughout the whole film she thought she was actually shooting a comedy.

I bet if people go back through her IMDB page they'll be shocked at just how many films they have seen with her in.

I might actually put Carrie on later, been a while since I watched it.

• Like 1