VillaTalk Deadpool 2023

Xela

37 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I had thought about employing Mr Teatime to ensue I won this year's deadpool. 

Wouldn't recommend it. He failed to actually get his target.

Session bassist Mo Foster, 78.

Played for big hitters like Andrew Lloyd Webber, Cliff, Gary Moore, Phil Collins and also the slightly more hip, such as Scott Walker Bill Conti, Gil Evans and Peter Green.

Loads of Pop: Olivia Newton John, Leo Sayer, Howard Jones, Sheena Easton, the liist goes on.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Xann said:

Session bassist Mo Foster, 78.

Played for big hitters like Andrew Lloyd Webber, Cliff, Gary Moore, Phil Collins and also the slightly more hip, such as Scott Walker Bill Conti, Gil Evans and Peter Green.

Loads of Pop: Olivia Newton John, Leo Sayer, Howard Jones, Sheena Easton, the liist goes on.

OMG - that's rotten. Saw him at Bham Odeon in a 'pick up band' to support Jeff Beck. Others in the band were Tony Banks and the brilliant (IMO) Simon Phillips - on TAMA drums. RIP a great player . NB - some pick up band that !!!

Edited by veloman
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

One for the oldies. 

George Armstrong who played Alan Humphries in Grange Hill.  

Joins the class in the sky with Mrs McClusky

Just finished watching the most recent four episodes of the Swedish cop show 'Beck' (incidentally the second thing that springs to mind when I hear the name  - after Jeff). The last episode ends, as usual, with a 'comic relief' scene between Martin Beck and his eccentric neighbour (played by Ingvar Hirdwall) - who announces "I'm leaving - for my health", the final shot being Beck looking rather concerned at this news, but then agreeing to join him for a farewell drink. 

And then, before the credits, a picture of the actor, with the legend "Ingvar Hirdwall (5 December 1934 – 6 April 2023)". I hadn't heard about this, and was quite shocked - he was a classic TV character. He was 88 - but, going by his final line, I wonder if he was ill, and knew he was dying?  :(

Edited by mjmooney
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Just finished watching the most recent four episodes of the Swedish cop show 'Beck' (incidentally the second thing that springs to mind when I hear the name  - after Jeff). The last episode ends, as usual, with a 'comic relief' scene between Martin Beck and his eccentric neighbour (played by Ingvar Hirdwall) - who announces "I'm leaving - for my health", the final shot being Beck looking rather concerned at this news, but then agreeing to join him for a farewell drink. 

And then, before the credits, a picture of the actor, with the legend "Ingvar Hirdwall (5 December 1934 – 6 April 2023)". I hadn't heard about this, and was quite shocked - he was a classic TV character. He was 88 - but, going by his final line, I wonder if he was ill, and knew he was dying?  :(

Checked what the Swedish media said at the time and the press release says that he died at home and no particular sickness is mentioned.

Hirdwall did a lot of great characters in classic Swedish TV-shows before he became the neighbour.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Checked what the Swedish media said at the time and the press release says that he died at home and no particular sickness is mentioned.

Hirdwall did a lot of great characters in classic Swedish TV-shows before he became the neighbour.

Thanks. That final scene (and the look on Peter Haber's face) becomes all the more poignant in hindsight. I guess he'd planned to leave the series and retire, but it proved to be a short retirement. 

Edited by mjmooney