VillaTalk Deadpool 2023

Xela

22 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Pete Brown, 82. Performance poet and lyricist. Co-wrote many of Cream's best known songs with Jack Bruce. 

White Room was the first song I learnt on drums and was the first song we played in my school band many years ago. We also had to bring a poem in once for english and talk about what it meant. Me and my mate who was the guitarist took in the lyrics for White Room and thought we were being all smart and clever. In the end we sat discussing them in GCSE english with a very receptive Mr Norgan

13 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

In the end we sat discussing them in GCSE english with a very receptive Mr Norgan

Ah yes - the cool English teacher. Mine was Mr. Little. 

Class was talking about Orwell for hours and then we got into Waiting for Godot.

Cheers Mr. Little!

• Like 1

I recognise him, and I do have a vaguely positive sense of “Oh yeah that guy, he’s normally good value when he’s on screen”.

But having looked through his IMDb, I don’t think I’ve seen a single thing he’s been in. Unless I saw the episode(s) of Waking of Dead he was in during 2004.

Sorry to hear he’s gone, regardless.

That sucks 😢

his performance as Titus Pulo in Rome was when I first noticed him and was looking forward to seeing him in Asohka in August.

Always thought he’d have made a terrific Jack Reacher. 

• Like 1

Really good character actor and the best version of the Punisher we've had on screen (albeit in a crap movie).

I did think he'd started to look pretty old in recent appearances but still a shock he's dropped dead.

• Like 1

I quite like Outpost. Who doesn't like a good undead Nazis movie

No idea why but I had it in my head he was in Dog Soldiers. He's not of course.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Actor Ray Stevenson 58

Just saw this, really really shocked.

Loved him as Titus Pullo and always said he should have got a shot at playing Jack Reacher in the movies (then Lee decided to sell out to little Tom).

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Always thought he’d have made a terrific Jack Reacher. 

We obviously think alike, didn't see your post.

• Like 1

On 16/03/2023 at 08:39, veloman said:

Legendary session drummer Jim Gordon died in prison/hospital. Many might know his name 'cos he played with Derek and The Dominos but he did much more than that - including playing with Steely Dan, so he must have been good ! Sadly had severe mental problems which culminated in him killing his own mother. You hear many of his contemporaries  praising his ability: Jim Keltner, Jeff Porcaro et al. Apparently had applied for parole several times but always refused. What a tragic life .

I only just realised this had happened a few months ago. He was a phenomenal drummer. He was often referred to as the richest man in psychiatric hospital. The royalties didn't stop pouring in. His schizophrenia was not diagnosed until after he attacked his elderly mother with a hammer and then stabbed her with a kitchen knife. IIRC he never appeared at any of his parole hearings and was continually denied. His resume as a session drummer is out of this world. He also allegedly stole the piano bit of Layla off his girlfriend at the time Rita Coolidge.

Fascinating and indefensible life in equal measure. Tragic as you say.

• Like 1