VillaTalk Deadpool 2023

Xela

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Yeah, I also think with Tribe', and The Jungle Brothers they improved the perception of rap music...

De La Soul's most recent album 'Anonymous Nobody' was rather good too.

Not sure they improved the perception of rap generally....they merely provided a contrast to PE, NWA, and some the other more aggressive groups of that era. Maybe you mean they improved the perception of rap for white people? In which case, you might be right. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Not sure they improved the perception of rap generally....they merely provided a contrast to PE, NWA, and some the other more aggressive groups of that era. Maybe you mean they improved the perception of rap for white people? In which case, you might be right. 

White? Colour wasn't really my point...

My point was that The Jungle Brothers, De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest were presenting intelligent rap music. Of course a complete contrast to NWA, Geto Boys etc...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

White? Colour wasn't really my point...

My point was that The Jungle Brothers, De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest were presenting intelligent rap music. Of course a complete contrast to NWA, Geto Boys etc...

Got it.

Edit: On a separate note do anyone have Tom Sizemore? He's apparently in a really bad shape fighting for his life after suffering a brain aneurysm.

Edited by sne
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, sne said:

Edit: On a separate note do anyone have Tom Sizemore? He's apparently in a really bad shape fighting for his life after suffering a brain aneurysm.

Ah that’s a shame. Belzer’s Detective John Munch has had quite the life, appearing in various Law & Order shows, The X Files, The Wire, 30 Rock, Arrested Development, among others. A pretty impressive list for the same, offbeat character.

• Like 1

DD was part of my growing years, watching sport on sat afternoons. I often wondered if the typists in the background were actually working or just there for effect.