Messi vs Pele vs Maradona - Who's the GOAT?

messi11

Messi vs Pele vs Maradona - Who's the GOAT?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Greatest Footballer of All Time?

Messi for me

Simple reason is because I've seen more of him, you can watch his every game with TV how it is now

Add to that he's a statistical monster

Then add even more to that he's a goalscorer, he's a right winger, left winger, a 10, an 8, he has the passing range and vision of any great central midfielder - what seperates him from Ronaldo also seperates him from everyone else too

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Messi for me. In the modern era of super athletes and he makes them all look like amateurs.

Could also argue Messi played in the most protected era of football with not many quality defenders. Pele was kicked out of a World Cup and Maradona had his leg proudly broken by a Bilbao player that he framed the boot he wore

Messi and players now are so protected

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Huh?

I can't really say with confidence that he's the goat cuz I never watched him, but given what I've seen of him through clips and documentaries and what he's achieved he'd probably be my choice if I was there when it happened.

• Like 2

For me its flawed anyway in attackers favour. Xavi, Modric and Iniesta contributed as much as all 3 but didnt score millions of goals

Then Manuel Neuer who has won nearly everything and changed how goalkeeping is actually played. Also Paolo Maldini the greatest defender ever. Was a few touches away from winning the World Cup and Euros to go with his 4/5 /European Cup/Champions Leagues

• Like 2

Greatest attacking player?

Messi. By a distance. He's one of the best goalscorers we've ever seen, probably the best dribbler we've ever seen, and has one of the best ranges of passing we've ever seen. He is absolutely streets ahead of everyone else.

Not sure he'd be much good in goal though!

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I can't really say with confidence that he's the goat cuz I never watched him, but given what I've seen of him through clips and documentaries and what he's achieved he'd probably be my choice if I was there when it happened.

That's where I am too

I can't say a guy that I watched about 3 times when I was 10 years old is the greatest ever because I honestly just didn't watch enough of him for it to be anything other than a lie

Mcgrath is the same for villa, I barely watched him, never saw him in the flesh either, there's every danger I actually saw him play more times for ROI than villa

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

For me its flawed anyway in attackers favour. Xavi, Modric and Iniesta contributed as much as all 3 but didnt score millions of goals

Then Manuel Neuer who has won nearly everything and changed how goalkeeping is actually played. Also Paolo Maldini the greatest defender ever. Was a few touches away from winning the World Cup and Euros to go with his 4/5 /European Cup/Champions Leagues

Are you saying Xaxi, Modric, Iniesta, Maldini and Neuer are better footballers than Messi, Pele and Maradona? 

Messi barely runs now. Don't understand the plaudits. Argentina has a good collective now. Maradona won Argentina the 1986 world cup. That team wouldn't have achieved anything without Maradona. Maradona is the real GOAT.

27 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

Are you saying Xaxi, Modric, Iniesta, Maldini and Neuer are better footballers than Messi, Pele and Maradona? 

They are as good as. Why would they not be better?

They have different skills on the pitch but because they dont score doesnt mean they cant be called greatest either

Â