Messi vs Pele vs Maradona - Who's the GOAT?

messi11

Messi vs Pele vs Maradona - Who's the GOAT?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Greatest Footballer of All Time?

33 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

-----------------Ronaldo9-------------
C Ronaldo-------Zidane--------Messi
--------------Xavi-------Iniesta----------
 Lahm---Cannavaro--Nesta----Dani Alves
-------------------Buffon--------------------

Manager: Pep Guardiola

Rate it @maqroll

Controversial back 4..

And I'd wait until Pep is done before including him.

Edited by maqroll

24 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah he only scored 2 goals and his penalty in the shootout, nothing special. His performance throughout the tournament was top notch. Scored in every knockout game. 

60 percent of his knockout goals were penalties. 75 percent if count normal time goals

Australia was the only team he didnt score a penalty against

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

60 percent of his knockout goals were penalties. 75 percent if count normal time goals

Mate penalties in this high pressure environment are as good as regular goals (of which you also seem to delineate with your "tap-in" comment). I rate his penalty more than his second goal today for example.

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ronaldo never scored a world cup knockout goal........

Takes ball of steal to even score a pen. Let Kane tell you that. Stop knocking him. He produced 2 of the best moments of the world cup, The assist against Holland and the one against Croatia..... Thats Why Messi is the GOAT..... its not just about goals and pens. Its the passing, its the magic, its the dribbling.

He was easily the best player on the pitch today.... Could of had like 2/3 assists if Lautro had is shooting boots on

Edited by Lupinthe5th

2 hours ago, Lupinthe5th said:

Who would be in your back 4 for the last 20 years?

Roberto Carlos, Maldini, Cafu...unsure of the other CB. Cannavaro is a good shout. And Lahm is as well for fullback...But Carlos and Maldini are automatic for me.

Edited by maqroll

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No debate anymore 

In your opinion.

I'd still go Maradona as the 🐐 (IMO 😉).

As many pundits have said, probably a generational thing people opting differently.

Glad he (& more so Emi) won though, truelly world class player and a joy to watch! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lupinthe5th said:

-----------------Ronaldo9-------------
C Ronaldo-------Zidane--------Messi
--------------Xavi-------Iniesta----------
 Lahm---Cannavaro--Nesta----Dani Alves
-------------------Buffon--------------------

Manager: Pep Guardiola

Rate it @maqroll

Sorry if there's no Maldini in your back 4 then you are either very young or haven't seen much football.

Also no Maradona :crylaugh:

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Why? He scored a disputed penalty and a tap in

He was at fault for France equaliser, if France had won would the debate continue on one game

He was already the greatest player of all time. The only thing people could hold over him (wrongly in my opinion) was that he hadn’t won and international trophy. Then when he did that the only thing people had on him was he’d never won a World Cup. 

Now he’s done that too. And he’s carried Argentina to both trophies. 

The argument against him being the greatest of all time is now non existent. 

I think I have been a bit harsh in recent days on Messi mainly as the media wankfest has been appalling. Even the 2nd goal yesterday he did well to hold it up and lay it off but some were giving more credit than he deserved for that goal

He is not the greatest for me but he will be in the top 5/6

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What does Messi have to do more to move up your rankings? He still got 2-4 years left at the top if he wants it.

Still would go with Maradona, if you read his book El Diego and watch the documentary we can see him differently.

Improving a struggling and unfashionable Napoli team and winning trophies with them was unbelievable and to play regularly in that very same league that ruined the career of Van Basten. Italian league was violent then...

Messi is definitely top three. Anyone seen Pele's goalscoring record, it's phenomenal.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think I have been a bit harsh in recent days on Messi mainly as the media wankfest has been appalling. Even the 2nd goal yesterday he did well to hold it up and lay it off but some were giving more credit than he deserved for that goal

Who are your top 2/3 mate?

Â