Messi vs Pele vs Maradona - Who's the GOAT?

messi11

Messi vs Pele vs Maradona - Who's the GOAT?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Greatest Footballer of All Time?

On 15/12/2022 at 10:24, bannedfromHandV said:

What’s the point of this thread? We already have threads for Messi and Messi v Ronaldo.

Whats next, a thread about who’s the best out of Messi, John Fashanu and Ian Ormondroyd?! 

Messi v Ronaldo is the pointless thread. Least this one is actually comparing the true GOATS

• Like 1

I don't mind you guys voting wrong. It's Messis day and the most current option always has a clear edge.

In reality, there's no-one like El Diego, and I doubt there ever will be. Messi and Pele are exceptionally good players, but Diego was in a class of his own.

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

A question to very few people here, as I'm too young to have seen him myself: did Pele ever really carry Brazil to win the world cup? 

I'm not old enough but I don't think so. I do know that he had a player named Garrincha as teammate who once was voted as the 7th best player in the 1900s by FIFA. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

A question to very few people here, as I'm too young to have seen him myself: did Pele ever really carry Brazil to win the world cup? 

30 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I'm not old enough but I don't think so. I do know that he had a player named Garrincha as teammate who once was voted as the 7th best player in the 1900s by FIFA. 

Don’t know too much about Garrincha, but I know his reputation. From what I’ve read, the away dressing at the Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janerio is named after Pele. The home dressing room is named after Garrincha. Make of that what you will.

Although one thing about him - I’ve recently bemoaned the omnipresent term “GOAT”. Well, when Garrincha is in the discussion, it’s not unreasonable to mention goats…:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I remember Garrincha from Pele's book. He must've been immense.

Messi for me of course.. Best of my generation by some distance. Best over the last 2 decades. 

Love Pele and Maradona. I never seen them play only on the documentaries. They was magic of course and real icons of the game. I can't disrespect them. Anyone who says Pele or Maradona are the greatest footballers of all time, you can't really argue. The 3 🐐

Kinda Scary Messi who's now cemented his name has got 2-4 years left to add to his trophy and medal collection to further cement his name in this discussion. 

• Like 1

On 15/12/2022 at 01:31, juanpablosaliceband said:

Brazil Ronaldo. He could have retired at the age of 21 and been remembered as one of the three greatest players of all time. Easily the best player I’ve ever seen and I just don’t see how Pele could have been as good. He could do everything I’ve seen any other player do and more. He was the true once in a lifetime talent. 

Pele was better believe me 

On 15/12/2022 at 13:44, Tegis said:

One telling thing is that there are actually alternatives to Messi during his days.

For Pele and Maradona during their heyday it was them.....................MASSIVE GAP..........................ANOTHER MASSIVE GAP..............................A bunch of great players

There were plenty of alternatives Pele and Maradona in their playing days. It was just that they were Kings amongst princes like cruyff, Beckenbauer. Platini and best 

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

It was just that they were Kings amongst princes like cruyff, Beckenbauer. Platini and best

As I said then, .....................MASSIVE GAP..........................ANOTHER MASSIVE GAP..............................A bunch of great players

;)

56 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I prefer to see people's all time XI.

-----------------Ronaldo9-------------
C Ronaldo-------Zidane--------Messi
--------------Xavi-------Iniesta----------
 Lahm---Cannavaro--Nesta----Dani Alves
-------------------Buffon--------------------

Manager: Pep Guardiola

Rate it @maqroll

Edited by Lupinthe5th

52 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Why? He scored a disputed penalty and a tap in

He was at fault for France equaliser, if France had won would the debate continue on one game

Yeah he only scored 2 goals and his penalty in the shootout, nothing special. His performance throughout the tournament was top notch. Scored in every knockout game. 

• Like 1

Â