João Félix

Delphinho123

So, we have been used as bait to attract a 'big 6' team. Was always going to be the case, we aren't in the £80m player bracket (yet).  Emery will know where the team needs improved, and we should trust that he'll get the players he wants.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Just so I can join the smug crew, I bet on Atletico all the time in 20/21. I won a decent amount as I was all in on them winning the league. Can even provide proof if it's needed.

I've probably seen more of Joao than anyone. He hasn't scored 10 league goals in the last 4 seasons, if ever. 

When Atletico won the title it was hardly because of him, an aging Suarez did more.

Joao has never lived up to his price tag.

Ever....

Without Oodles of evidence, unlike you, its my suspicion too.

They say, you can't judge a player on one game.....can't argue with that.

but first impressions can be long lasting too.

Edited by TRO

On 14/12/2022 at 03:10, Thug said:

I don’t think anyone has said he’s not good enough for villa.  

The general consensus is:

1) he just would not come here.

2) even if he would we would be wiser spending that money elsewhere.

We’re not in the position to be buying expensive flops.  We need to be getting in there before the mega money moves.  We need to be on THIS side of the Grealish transfers, not the other.

Teams like Man U and Man City might be able to absorb the Sancho/Grealish level failures, but we  simply cannot afford an expensive flop.

There’s not a realistic poster on this board who would say he’s not good enough for us.  He’s way too good for us.  But one man does not a team make, and if that one man throws a strop, we’re done for.

Let’s go get 2 top class prospects for that money, and sell THEM to Atletico for €120m in a year or two.  That’s our place in the current food chain.

I don’t think Atletico are a threat for us to get our players. Although I agree with other things you mentioned. Real, Barca, PSG and Bayern are the ones that can get our players (such as Grealish to City). Top 6 but it won’t be as easy as before. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

not that this will really affect us but 

Makes sense to go to Arsenal on loan given they have had injury to Jesus. 

Overall this transfer doesn't make much sense for us, there's a chance it will be a failed transfer and for the money he'll cost it will be a significant jump from our exisiting transfer record and wage limit

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It seems to be we are the go to club for getting players moves or new deals at bigger clubs.

We need to lose this reputation for being a club always willing to chuck money and overpay fast.

I don’t see how you think we are seen as that club, we are no better or worse than half a dozen teams below the elite that take chances sometimes and some succeed and some fail.  Just like us you can go through many clubs and see expensive flops from Pepe, Ndombele, Lukaku, Haller, Sanchez, Vestergaard, Jahanbakhsh…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It seems to be we are the go to club for getting players moves or new deals at bigger clubs.

We need to lose this reputation for being a club always willing to chuck money and overpay fast.

I dont think we have that reputation, I think its more that we are known to be tight lipped, when the agent leaks the story to the rags we ignore it, we don't deny it

we say nothing to no one about anything, means they can use us knowing we won't call them out on it

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Makes sense to go to Arsenal on loan given they have had injury to Jesus. 

Overall this transfer doesn't make much sense for us, there's a chance it will be a failed transfer and for the money he'll cost it will be a significant jump from our exisiting transfer record and wage limit

I'm not taken by this link either......whether he is a good player or not, in my mind he hasn't got the contrasting skill set we need.

My first impressions haven't been good, and the fact Simeone is not impressed fills me with doubt.....A loan might be better, to see what he is REALLY about.

I am not sure, where he would be expected to play.

I guess it comes down to the question.......Is Ollie and Danny not good enough and we need better versions of them or do we need a more traditional No 9 who would give us a different skill set?

I favour the latter, but I accept others may not.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TRO said:

I'm not taken by this link either......whether he is a good player or not, in my mind he hasn't got the contrasting skill set we need.

My first impressions haven't been good, and the fact Simeone is not impressed fills me with doubt.....A loan might be better, to see what he is REALLY about.

I am not sure, where he would be expected to play.

I guess it comes down to the question.......Is Ollie and Danny not good enough and we need better versions of them or do we need a more traditional No 9 who would give us a different skill set?

I favour the latter, but I accept others may not.

My feeling is up top Emery wants a kind of winger come forward who can run channels etc.. and then a true CF who is there to lead the line and score goals. He'd also play a true CF with the second striker who drops off. 

So I think there is a place for Watkins and Ings in our forward line but not as a partnership. He wants to have the different players for different game states and different opposition. Against a low block Watkins isn't effective as there is no space for him to run into and unlike Bailey he can't consistently beat a man. So that bog CF presence is needed and an Ings playing off him. While a game against the top sides where we will have little possession would work with a Watkins / Bailey up top for pace on counter. 

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

What reputation?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bleach report are reporting he has agreed a move to chelsea.

Chelsea are just taking the piss now

Yet they are still rubbish on the pitch, so bizarre!

Â