Villa v Chelsea (Abu Dhabi) Sunday, December 11 (ko 2.10pm GMT)

Kingman

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sadly with the Villa coverage having collapsed under the enormous weight of Jack Woodward's talent and Chelsea unlikely to want to show it, it looks like we'll be robbed of the opportunity to see that silverware being lifted.

No In fact Chelsea TV did show it

3 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

cup of traditions was a Mickey mouse competition.

How dare you. It was our finest moment... and a beautiful trophy too! 🤣

I completely forgot we won that Queensland Cup back in the summer too. Villa Park will need a new pre-season cup trophy wing. What a feature of the stadium tour that would be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I don’t think I’m overreacting when I say this, but this result, a tight but controlled win against a team that, not so long ago, we’re champions of Europe? This is the catalyst. I have no doubt in my mind that this is the precise moment when Emery realised that he’s not just in another job, he’s awakened a giant from its slumber. We will look back at today in a decade’s time, when we have league titles and European trophies spilling from the gates of Villa Park. We are the CBF Challenge Cup Champions

Stick to the silliness please.

Don't like it when you do this in case any other fans see.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I don’t think I’m overreacting when I say this, but this result, a tight but controlled win against a team that, not so long ago, we’re champions of Europe? This is the catalyst. I have no doubt in my mind that this is the precise moment when Emery realised that he’s not just in another job, he’s awakened a giant from its slumber. We will look back at today in a decade’s time, when we have league titles and European trophies spilling from the gates of Villa Park. We are the CBF Challenge Cup Champions

I wouldn’t get too excited. A win is a win, sure. But when you look at the team chelsea put out.. for us to ‘only’ score once was a bit disappointing! 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Clean sheet against a veey good chelsea team that will do!

Just checked their starting 11 and I have never heard of 7 of them. We basically played their u23’s from what I can gather 

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sadly with the Villa coverage having collapsed under the enormous weight of Jack Woodward's talent and Chelsea unlikely to want to show it, it looks like we'll be robbed of the opportunity to see that silverware being lifted.

B6E407D5-6011-45E3-8957-6A9EA22DBAB0.jpeg

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, WHY said:

Just checked their starting 11 and I have never heard of 7 of them. We basically played their u23’s from what I can gather 

Well Ziyech is off breaking Portuguese hearts.

Hehehe.

No one in their right mind, will get carried away, with that being anymore, than a training session, but.......

We won.

Winning is a mentality, a habit, a desire, a benchmark, a peg in the ground.....its a reason to work hard....... its an outcome for hard work and determination.....its a reason to beat the Traffic lights, when you come to work at BMH( within safety of course)

I suspect UE is going to start as he means to go on.

Its a first building block.....but a really significant one....acorns and Oak trees.

Edited by TRO

Â