World Cup: Matches

Genie

6 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Your first post about him was in 2021 so nah. Also there's a whole page of other posters talking about him before you

Looks like Tomaszk was first recommend him. 

No idea where you got that from, ask in the transfer threads it has become a running joke.

I think before Argentina's final spot kick the commentary team said the Dutch players had to be told to get back to the centre circle as they were trying all sorts of antics to trying put the Argentinian player off, so what we see in that photo is probably just a reaction to that, they probably still should have been more graceful but often photos like that don't tell the whole story.

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, useless said:

I think before Argentina's final spot kick the commentary team said the Dutch players had to be told to get back to the centre circle as they were trying all sorts of antics to trying put the Argentinian player off, so what we see in that photo is probably just a reaction to that, they probably still should have been more graceful but often photos like that don't tell the whole story.

Yeah the sledging of the player walking back after scoring a penalty to put the opposition player coming in was great!

58 minutes ago, sne said:

Classy

Not a great look, but there is also footage of 3-5 Dutch players getting in Martinez’s face as he walks up to take the last spot kick.

Edited by Hornso

Just now, Hornso said:

Not a great look, but there is also footage of 3-5 Dutch players getting in Martinez’s face as he walks up to take the last spot kick.

Don't doubt it, both teams have massive cnuts in them. Didn't watch it so no idea. Argentina almost always have things like things happening when they play.

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Portugal vs Netherlands in 2006 was a classic card game as well, I think was a goal at one stage

Blimey, how don’t I remember that game. 4 red cards, and there could have been more.

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

All those scathing comments about how Southgate was obsessed with filling the squad with right backs. Lo and behold... Mbappé. They can all start tonight. 

Actually, it may be that we'll have to watch mbappe if he comes inside. Saw a video earlier and Gary Neville was saying that the times when he has come up against Walker he has drifted inside as he knows Walker can match his pace. So if anything we need Rice, Henderson, Bellingham to keep an eye out for that from him.

We can definitely exploit the space he and Dembele leave behind them by their lack of tracking back. Dembele has an off form central defender behind him at right back 

• Like 1