World Cup: Matches

Genie

41 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

So basically they need us to smash USA, USA to beat Iran and then to beat us.

Or us to lose both games and Iran to beat USA by a decent margin.

Yes, essentially that's right. The second route seems sufficiently unlikely that they really want the first one to happen. The one thing Wales absolutely cannot survive with tonight is a draw. 

4 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

You won't see Wales at a major tournament for a long time. Bale and Ramsey are done, they have nothing coming through and what's left is a very poor team. 

48 team World Cups from 2026 might help them out there.

56 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I think the heat plays a roll in these early kick offs. Argentina/Saudi was probably a similar story. 

Could be they did look physically drained wheras Iram were full of running. I dont think Wales could cope with how physical Iran were and the ref was lenient but they were outplayed and Ramsey and Bale look shadows of their former selves. 

i dont think that was a pen at all

qatar player takes a step in front of the senegal player, he can't stop his run, and runs into him. what's the defender supposed to do in that situation?

100% looking for it and fair play to the ref for not buying it

26 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i dont think that was a pen at all

qatar player takes a step in front of the senegal player, he can't stop his run, and runs into him. what's the defender supposed to do in that situation?

100% looking for it and fair play to the ref for not buying it

I don''t have a problem with that....

... but it's hardly consistent. Ronaldo got breathed on and they gave a penalty.

In the same vein, this one was cast iron.