World Cup: Matches

Genie

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Arm around the midriff = knees buckling

Refs have no common sense and don't understand what they're watching, it's infuriating

Contact is allowed.

The refs have to ask themselves if they think the contact led to the collapse. If it’s no, then no penalty.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Contact is allowed.

The refs have to ask themselves if they think the contact led to the collapse. If it’s no, then no penalty.

Yep, we'll be here all day moaning about it but it's so simple, like the penalty salah got vs mings, he span round 180° and flipped over because contact on his left hip caused his right ankle to go

Its crazy

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If you wanna get detailed, that Bale foul was not a penalty either, yes they are always given, but it's manufactured, he moved across him causing the player to push him over. I'd actually say 75% of penalties are not really fouls, but then I guess 75% of fouls are not really fouls. 😂

I disagree with that though!

It was 100% manufactured, if Bale puts his body between the defender and the ball then the defender cannot win the ball without fouling, he can't tackle, Bale has more footballing intelligence than ream and is quicker

That's a lot of what grealish did, that to me is clever play

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It was 100% manufactured, if Bale puts his body between the defender and the ball then the defender cannot win the ball without fouling, he can't tackle, Bale has more footballing intelligence than ream and is quicker

Agree but it wasn't Ream

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Agree.

Manufactured contact isn't against the rules. It CAN be, but not necessarily.

Putting your body in the way to draw a foul isn't wrong. It's been done for decades in football.

The Bale penalty was stonewall.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Agree.

Manufactured contact isn't against the rules. It CAN be, but not necessarily.

Putting your body in the way to draw a foul isn't wrong. It's been done for decades in football.

The Bale penalty was a stonewall manufactured penalty.

FFY

Salah makes a habit of of manufacturing penalties as do all the top strikers, Kane etc. They are given because the Refs have never been good enough to spot them or call them out.