Stand Up Comedy

Seat68

8 hours ago, AJ said:

Jim Jefferies, my favourite stand up. Here he is having a pleasant chat with Piers.

I've tickets for him in April :) Yay.

* Jim, not Piers (I know what you lot are like)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BOF said:

I've tickets for him in April :) Yay.

* Jim, not Piers (I know what you lot are like)

He is down here at the moment. I really wanted to see him, but he is not coming to Brisbane.

So jelly of you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Stewart Lee was excellent.

Mark Thomas is very, very good and very ranty but also really makes you feel as though you're not alone in your hatred and despair at the state of the world (seen him several times).

Mark Steel - excellent.

Rich Hall and his music stuff - great, especially him dissecting Folsom Prison Blues.

On 15/11/2022 at 23:38, Chindie said:

Bill Hicks was a genius, the only bad things he did were the goat boy bits. Everything else, gold.

Absolutely. Truly wonderful to listen to and absorb even when/especially when the audience were not with him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I went to one of his shows a couple of years ago, he'd had a few heckles, was clearly having an off night and he gave me a bollocking for having my arms crossed. Glad he's relaxing a bit!

On 29/11/2022 at 21:30, El Zen said:

James Acaster is very good. Your post made me go on Netflix and rewatch his Repertoire special. Excellent. 

I always think Acaster is doing too much of a Rik Mayall as Vivian in the Young Ones impression. 

• Like 1

On 29/11/2022 at 14:16, KentVillan said:

This popped up on my feed the other day, I hadnt previously watched Richard Herrings podcast so it was fairly enjoyable, I assume that Acasters reference is something from his podcast. 

19 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I always think Acaster is doing too much of a Rik Mayall as Vivian in the Young Ones impression. 

Think Acaster’s persona is a bit smarter? One of his finest moments was his appearance on Jonathan Ross with Harry Redknapp and Gemma Collins. They barely laughed. It was beautiful 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Think Acaster’s persona is a bit smarter? One of his finest moments was his appearance on Jonathan Ross with Harry Redknapp and Gemma Collins. They barely laughed. It was beautiful 

I get that, sure, and I appreciate he's talented, but the similarities always distract me from whatever he's saying.

6 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Rik Mayall played erm...Rick.

Ade was Vivian.

Sorry, yes. Wrong Young one. I did mean Ade Edmondson.

Edited by HKP90
typo

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Quite possible. I’m, ehm, too young for The Young Ones. 

Â