Stand Up Comedy

Seat68

On 25/01/2024 at 10:39, bickster said:

I really hope you enjoy it as much as I did

Just got back from Jonathan Pie and really really enjoyed it and laughed a lot. It's hard not to ageee with everything he says

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

It's hard not to ageee with everything he says

So how old were you before the show and how old are you now off the back of it? 

• Haha 2

Went to see a recording of RHLSTP last night with Armando Ianucci which was a real fan boy moment to see him. Rob Brydon was the second guests and he was brilliant too. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Went to see Rosie Holt last night (even when months in advance, don't book things on a Thursday when Villa are in Europe).

That said, really enjoyed it. 

The routine involves three characters; the Tory MP that rose her to fame, a right wing GB News style reporter (equally as good as the MP) and a left wing comedian.  She has her finger firmly on the pulse and made for some great laughs and thought provoking stuff.

On 20/04/2024 at 10:19, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Mad that these has-beens get paid more money by Netflix than the vast majority of circuit comedians put together would in their careers.

at least it'll help poundshop bob monkhouse pay the tax he owes 

It's been a good few shows since I last enjoyed anything Carr put out, but we gave it a go anyway.

Just the same old rape and anti-pc jokes, at times he seems to be the only person laughing, and every couple of minutes he ponders if the next joke is the one that gets him cancelled, which wasn't funny or original when he did exactly the same thing on his last netflix special.

The only thing I was offended by is that he's released the same show twice in a couple of years, and it was shit the first time. Though, I suppose there's only so much you can change things up when your entire act is edgy one liners, a sealion impression and a look of surprise

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It's been a good few shows since I last enjoyed anything Carr put out, but we gave it a go anyway.

Just the same old rape and anti-pc jokes, at times he seems to be the only person laughing, and every couple of minutes he ponders if the next joke is the one that gets him cancelled, which wasn't funny or original when he did exactly the same thing on his last netflix special.

The only thing I was offended by is that he's released the same show twice in a couple of years, and it was shit the first time. Though, I suppose there's only so much you can change things up when your entire act is edgy one liners, a sealion impression and a look of surprise

I watched some of this as well, ended up switching it off because I was just bored by it, the whole "I'm going to get cancelled for this" is really tiresome now, it was the same with the last one that Ricky Gervais did, if you are setting out to shock and offend then shock and offend, don't constantly tell me that what you are saying is too edgy and shocking to be cancelled.

Â