Stand Up Comedy

Seat68

On 27/06/2023 at 01:32, Xela said:

Saw Frankie Boyle at the Alexandra last night. Was excellent. Enjoyed it far more than I thought I would. 

One of the few who can have me in tears unable to breath. 

Very intelligent guy too. He's written novels (which I haven't read) and is a regular columnist for the graniuaiud

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

One of the few who can have me in tears unable to breath. 

Very intelligent guy too. He's written novels (which I haven't read) and is a regular columnist for the graniuaiud

I used to love Frankie Boyle back in his Mock the Week days, then as he got older he became a puppet for the BBC, he toned down his material and basically went after Boris Johnson and the Tories at every opportunity, at that point he just felt like every other comedian.

He also lost points when he tried to have a pop at Ricky Gervais for transphobic jokes, it wasn't long before everyone pointed out that he used to crack jokes about a disabled child raping their mother.

I did like him on Taskmaster though, saw a different side to him on that.

• Like 1

I walked past Shappi Korsandi 3 times at Chessington whilst on the human monkey climbing thing.

I said hi the first time, then after a second awkward time, she said to me on the third time "we must stop meeting each other like this", which was fun. 😊

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Went to watch Rich Hall last night in Exeter, admittedly I was a little apprehensive and didn’t know what to expect. We almost didn’t bother going as we were both knackered. 

However he was very very good!

first half of the show it was pure stand-up and was pretty funny. Lots of Anglo-American stuff. 

Second half though was his country music routine, in which he very quickly adapted bits from the audience into the songs with lots of colloquial elements too. He clearly has a basic song for all shows but has the ability to make it personal to the area and his audience - very quick and very clever!

All I could think of was @Seat68 and if he’d be dosey-do-ing in the aisles (I’m sure he’d appreciate and like the whole show to be fair!) 

it was extremely funny so totally glad I went. 

16 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Went to watch Rich Hall last night in Exeter, admittedly I was a little apprehensive and didn’t know what to expect. We almost didn’t bother going as we were both knackered. 

However he was very very good!

first half of the show it was pure stand-up and was pretty funny. Lots of Anglo-American stuff. 

Second half though was his country music routine, in which he very quickly adapted bits from the audience into the songs with lots of colloquial elements too. He clearly has a basic song for all shows but has the ability to make it personal to the area and his audience - very quick and very clever!

All I could think of was @Seat68 and if he’d be dosey-do-ing in the aisles (I’m sure he’d appreciate and like the whole show to be fair!) 

it was extremely funny so totally glad I went. 

I like Rich Hall, he seems a good guy and I have head about this country music thing he does but not sure if I would like it or not. I do get quite a few people saying I would like it. Might need to watch a little online to see if its my thing.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I like Rich Hall, he seems a good guy and I have head about this country music thing he does but not sure if I would like it or not. I do get quite a few people saying I would like it. Might need to watch a little online to see if it’s my thing.

I would say go and watch a show of his - he is very good indeed. The songs are very generic ‘country’ tunes but it’s all about the lyrics and he is very clever with them. 

• Like 2

Don’t think I’d ever get tickets to a specific artist anymore after a couple of disappointments. I prefer the comedy nights with new comedians and old ones trying new stuff. The comedy club in Leicester Square is incredible for that. Can’t have a better night than that for like a tenner in London. 

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm at The Glee Club. 

Never heard of the compare. 

Never heard of the first act. 

Rheyde funny as **** 

In next week's Telegraph we find out Sid Cows take on The Merchant of Venice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...

Watched the new Gervais stand-up on Netflix, called Armageddon. I think he's just trying to be as offensive as possible and wind as many people up as he can. 

Some funny moments but not his best work, by any stretch. 

Â