Match Thread: LC3: Man United v Villa

limpid

7 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Olsen is a flappy crisp packets fumble from a set piece waiting to happen. He just reminds me so much of Nyland, looks scared of the ball and isn't at all commanding. I want to be more positive as he's not done anything wrong here but his last 2 showings and his general demeanor don't fill me with any confidence at all.

He's been the only entertainment so far

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Chambers is struggling a little bit on his bad side, but I think he's done well in terms of the way we've kept our shape and our line.

Been asked to play a dangerously high line when he's got the mobility of a tank it looks like. Done okay but been impressed with Konsa and  Young's organization

McGinn and Augustinson been a nonfactor on our left. Feel bad for McGinn - looks completely lost in that role out there. Ings and Watkins done alright but Ings is definitely not the same as Bailey in that position. Kamara-Luiz double pivot have been solid.

Gameplan is working - forcing United into expertly timed through balls. Would be worried if Eriksen or Casemiro came on. Their through balls will be better timed than Fred/McTom and impatient Bruno.

Would like to see Buendia/Bailey soon. 

Olsen 😬

Edited by DJBOB

1 minute ago, birdman said:

Dull but pleasing first half. Need subs on to quicken things up. Nice to sense some actual tactics from the gaffer though!

This is what I thought, it’s a clear gameplan . Under Gerrard it was just dull without a gameplan.  Nobody was expecting a trip to Old Trafford to be easy.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Both teams pressing high leading to both teams having problems even getting out of their own half. Pretty much stalemate, which I guess has been the plan so far.

Amazing how well drilled we look all of a sudden off the ball. Need to take care of the ball better but we're stopping them playing.

Emery is known to be a master in these sort of games, his cup record speaks for itself.

The pragmatism isn’t a surprise, the lack of quality due to 2nd string and players still learning is very evident. Subs will change the game.

• Like 1