Christmas 2022

Seat68

21 hours ago, bickster said:

Merry Xmas everyone

Salivating here as the turkey is getting sliced

Presnts opened, I got a soup maker / blender which I'm actually quite excited by (plus a soup recipe book), some clothes off the Bro-in-law that are too small and a Google Nest mini that I really wanted

Drinks list so far, Espesso Martini to start with, then a Geuze Boon lambic followed by a cloudy lemonade IPA, the Levantine Chateau Musar lebanese red wine is breathing for the feast.

After the washing up (prep washing up already done) I think it will be scrabble

Maybe my all time favourite red wine, think it was a 2015 or 2014 Chateau Musar. It was spectacular.

Still sick here but will attempt to eat a Christmas dinner today. Only had a turkey baguette yesterday, saying that the meat had cooked perfectly in butter, two hours in foil upside down, one hour the right way up no foil. 

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Chevy chase shaking the Christmas present that's the cat in the box is the single greatest piece of acting in the history of cinema

Tell me I'm wrong

Wrong.

"Griswold, where do you think your gonna put a tree that big"

"Bend over I'll show you".

"you gotta alotta nerve speaking to me like that".

"I wasn't speaking to you"

🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, El Zen said:

Maybe my all time favourite red wine, think it was a 2015 or 2014 Chateau Musar. It was spectacular.

When I visited Lebanon in the late 90s, I came back with a bottle of 1982 Musar, as it was our wedding anniversary, and that was the year we were married. It wasn't cheap, but would have been exorbitant in the UK (if available at all). Getting out of the taxi outside our house, I dropped and smashed it. Down the drain it went. 

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

When I visited Lebanon in the late 90s, I came back with a bottle of 1982 Musar, as it was our wedding anniversary, and that was the year we were married. It wasn't cheap, but would have been exorbitant in the UK (if available at all). Getting out of the taxi outside our house, I dropped and smashed it. Down the drain it went. 

Reminds me the time my Ex bought me some Creed aftershave for Christmas, was about £180 at the time, used it once. I had a pee then accidently knocked it off the shelf into the toilet, didn't wanna pick it out of my pee, so flushed the toilet thinking it can't even flush a big number 2 never mind a glass bottle. How wrong was I. 😮

Utter shit Christmas. 

Been ill for ten days, wife sick too now, gone out of fantasy NFL, now Villa playing like scabby wizard's sleeves against media darlings scouse scum. 

Not sure there's much more to go wrong. 

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

How early is too early to get the tree back in the loft?

Anything before Twelfth Night is too early. 

Anything after Twelfth Night is too late. 

• Like 2

Typically the tree and the decorations are put away during the days between my daughter going back to school and the next time she’s at mine.

So this year, it’ll be between Wednesday 4th, when I take her school and Saturday 7th when she’s back at mine. 

One thing I tend to do - I remove things in staggered stages. So, on the 4th, the various garlands will be taken down. On the 5th, the tree decorations will go. On the 6th, the tree is taken down. 

Partly it’s less jarring going from full on decoration to normal, but mostly it ties in with my general procrastinating state of being.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

42 minutes ago, Genie said:

We’ll probably take down the indoor decorations 28th or 29th, we’ll leave the outdoor lights up so the neighbours don’t talk about us being miserable bastards.

And they'd be right. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Reminds me the time my Ex bought me some Creed aftershave for Christmas, was about £180 at the time, used it once. I had a pee then accidently knocked it off the shelf into the toilet, didn't wanna pick it out of my pee, so flushed the toilet thinking it can't even flush a big number 2 never mind a glass bottle. How wrong was I. 😮

That was comfortably the most expensive wazz you'll ever take 🤑

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Reminds me the time my Ex bought me some Creed aftershave for Christmas, was about £180 at the time, used it once. I had a pee then accidently knocked it off the shelf into the toilet, didn't wanna pick it out of my pee, so flushed the toilet 

chooch-choocher.gif

• Haha 3