Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

You've got to admit, taking your business that has an ad revenue business model in the main, and making your users be presented with less ads unless they subscribe to your immensely unpopular paid model, is idiocy in the extreme.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

It would be better if Facebook was ruined given its role in spreading far right propaganda among those born before  about 1973.

They can all burn as far as i'm concerned 🔥

• Like 2

When you are used to Twitter just being there, it's disappearance is somewhat disorienting. Like the world has been muted. 

If it collapses, we just might all be better for it.

• Like 4

I only really used it for some Ukraine updates anyway, I can get that from other channels.

Can Elon buy 4chan annd Facebook and screw that up too please? It’d make even more of the basement conspiracy nuts just a little less brainwashed by the algorithms.

Reddit is fast becoming the place to read about stuff.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 3

The speculation is that this isn't merely a boneheaded move from musk, but that their contract for hosting expired yesterday and there's not enough cash in the business to pay the bills, could be the beginning of the end

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The speculation is that this isn't merely a boneheaded move from musk, but that their contract for hosting expired yesterday and there's not enough cash in the business to pay the bills, could be the beginning of the end

I laugh, but Twitter at it's best is a lifeline for people, and a source of great information. But the dark side is always there, and with Musk, the darkness was a shroud over everything. It's become a safe space for Nazis.

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

I only really used it for some Ukraine updates anyway, I can get that from other channels.

Can Elon buy 4chan annd Facebook and screw that up too please? It’d make even more of the basement conspiracy nuts just a little less brainwashed by the algorithms.

Reddit is fast becoming the place to read about stuff.

Reddit is going to eat itself soon.

So I don't have a Twitter account at all. Does this mean I'm completely frozen out? 

If I try to view anything I just get a login screen. 

If this is so it massively undermines the platform for eg Aston Villa as their tweets will get far less exposer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So I don't have a Twitter account at all. Does this mean I'm completely frozen out? 

If I try to view anything I just get a login screen. 

If this is so it massively undermines the platform for eg Aston Villa as their tweets will get far less exposer. 

Sorry wut?

If you don’t have a twitter account who the hell have I been buying used y fronts from for the last 18 months?

• Haha 2

Â