Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I highly doubt Elon is going to use xvideos on his site (unless he’s going to buy the p0rn site which currently carries the name).

Why would you highly doubt this? He's rebranded Twitter to X, his ballistic missile company is called Space X, his rival to YouTube is absolutely bound to be called X Video or VIdeo X (A google search of which also brings up Xvideo as the top three searches)

Is it that you think he's too stupid to do that?

Or is it because he's rebranded the company in a weekend and he's too stupid to have realised the consequences of his actions?

Nah he wouldn't be doing that

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Why would you highly doubt this? He's rebranded Twitter to X, his ballistic missile company is called Space X, his rival to YouTube is absolutely bound to be called X Video or VIdeo X (A google search of which also brings up Xvideo as the top three searches)

Is it that you think he's too stupid to do that?

Or is it because he's rebranded the company in a weekend and he's too stupid to have realised the consequences of his actions?

Nah he wouldn't be doing that

If he calls his videos xvideos then he must be buying the adult site name. Again, it’s pocket change to him so not a major concern.

I can’t see him doing half the job when he’s already got to deal with advertisers leaving in their droves.

If he’s not buying the url of the adult site then it’ll be some other variation of x and video/stream/clips.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

What would he need to have loans to the tune of tens of billions of dollars for?

He bought Twitter outright didn’t he (by selling Tesla shares).

Forbes are suggesting he worth more than $200b again after Tesla shares have pumped recently.

He could quickly and easily raise more money than we could ever dream of if he wanted to (like he did to buy Twitter that he didn’t really want to).

He owes $1bn a year in interest on the loans he took to buy twitter.

He is worth that, but it doesn't mean that he has any money.

• Like 1

Just now, limpid said:

He is worth that, but it doesn't mean that he has any money.

I’m sure he can’t withdraw all $200,000,000,000 of his worth out of the bank to tomorrow but if he could only put his hands on 0.5% of it quickly it’s still half a billion dollars.

He could sell 1% of his Tesla holdings for over a billion dollars.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m sure he can’t withdraw all $200,000,000,000 of his worth out of the bank to tomorrow but if he could only put his hands on 0.5% of it quickly it’s still half a billion dollars.

He could sell 1% of his Tesla holdings for over a billion dollars.

He promised investors in his Ponzi that he wouldn't sell any shares. So that could get him in a lot of trouble. However the liar has done it several times already.

Frankly he's lied to investors so many times I'm surprised he's not in jail. I have popcorn waiting for when it all goes pop.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, choffer said:

There are probably currently thousands of product managers for countless websites across the world frantically trying to decide whether to update all of their twitter integrations and public facing text to reference "X" instead of Twitter, and weighing up if he'll have changed his mind before they do the work. "Ok, so we replace Twitter with X. What about Tweet? Are there still tweets?! Does anyone know what we call tweets now?!?"

I applaud Musk for going even further in undermining confidence in his product. Every time he does something like this, he makes it just that bit more likely that a critical mass of eyeballs sack off his shit product and support competitors instead.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Just add this to the mountain of evidence that he's not very clever.

Unfortunately nobody working for him will call him stupid because it will cost them their job.

its-a-great-idea-common.gif

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Unfortunately nobody working for him will call him stupid because it will cost them their job

I think you are giving him too much credit, I doubt he ran it past anyone

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

There are probably currently thousands of product managers for countless websites across the world frantically trying to decide whether to update all of their twitter integrations and public facing text to reference "X" instead of Twitter, and weighing up if he'll have changed his mind before they do the work. "Ok, so we replace Twitter with X. What about Tweet? Are there still tweets?! Does anyone know what we call tweets now?!?"

Come on @limpid You are missing out........or something

XnhR5is.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

So a little history lesson on Musk’s obsession with X and why he may be heading in a direction not previously discussed here before.

A thread definitely worthy of your time

I'd love to read that thread but as I don't have a Twitter account I am no longer able to thanks to Elon. 

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'd love to read that thread but as I don't have a Twitter account I am no longer able to thanks to Elon. 

You don't have a what account?

It's beta behaviour like this he's trying to Xclude.;)

No, I don't have an account either.

Â