Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

We are two players shy of a very decent team.  Really hope we back the new manager in January and that he can land a couple of quality players.  Fine margins so far but at least we look like we know what we are trying to do - which is a pleasant change.

• Like 1

I’m not even annoyed at our team right now. It’s everything else, the Newcastle fans booing our players injured, the commentator (I’m sure it’s the woman that is a bluenose as well?) with their stupid remarks and then the penalty on top even though it was deserved. 

It’s annoying because I thought we played decent, Watkins is letting us down badly. If there’s a game I really want us to come back to win it’s this one. 

Come on Villa!

• Like 3

Real bitty game this. 

Injuries can't be helped but this ref is blowing the whistle for every little thing. 

We can get at least a point here, I think we've looked the better side going forward. 

Oh and their fans are the biggest bunch of dicks you could wish to gather in one place, at one time. 

Joe Willock finds the net after rounding Robin Olsen but Newcastle's celebrations are cut short by the offside flag. Villa's players just want to hear the half-time whistle.

BBC thinking all Black people look the same again

• Shocked 1

Just now, Villaphan04 said:

also, I'm very disappointed we let Martinez continue on when it was clear he was going to need to come off. Concussions / head injuries are not to scoff at

Can't be stressed enough. The protocols aren't good enough, but I'd expect better from medical staff.

2 minutes ago, JB said:

Are even the commentary teams terrified of Newcastle’s owners, given how much they’re abandoning any sense of morality and completely sucking them off? Although, they do have form for murdering journalists, to be fair, so it might be prudent. 

I wouldn’t dare criticise them on TV with millions watching if I was a journalist.

Strange half...

Two weeks ago with SG, I would have thought game over, but we've had enough chances that I can see us getting back in it...

I think their plan was to press heavily the first 15 minutes and try to wear out the defence, and it worked, particularly on the left. Ashley's legs are showing the effect of playing so many full matches at his age. They smelled blood and have been targeting him.

They look like a slightly better side than us, but that is probably because they didn't just endure a major change. We've held our own.

1 minute ago, penguin said:

One the worst commentaries I’ve had to endure for a very long time.

They are absolutely desperate for Newcastle to win and it’s been a non-stop PR piece. You’d be forgiven for thinking little ol’ Villa we’re lucky to be able to play the champions of the world from listening alone.

Pissing me right off.

I've got two blokes, Gary Breen I think. They appear to want Newcastle to win.