Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

This managerial merry go round should benefit us in the long run. We haven't looked as stable as we do now in a very, very long time. 

It’s pinch yourself time. The first time in ever I don’t think we’re gonna **** this up.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

It’s pinch yourself time. The first time in ever I don’t think we’re gonna **** this up.

The decision to give Unai Carte Blanche was a masterstroke. 

Its crazy to think, but without the Gerrard debacle, we, arguably, wouldn't be where we are now.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

To be honest, I’m still waiting for it to go wrong 😂 I’m not used to continued optimism 

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

The decision to give Unai Carte Blanche was a masterstroke. 

Its crazy to think, but without the Gerrard debacle, we, arguably, wouldn't be where we are now.

Mad thought, but true. Gerrard being useless made this happen 

• Like 1

On 20/05/2024 at 14:53, TRO said:

I don't think, we realise how important that is.....He too needs to be fresh.

We have seen JK bow out, citing the work intensity required at the top level....its relentless.

His recovery time is important too.....I have seen him leaving BMH quite late.

It's passion at it's finest. There's a uniqueness about his approach and it's to our credit how we have indulged that uniqueness. What I really admire, is the way he presents himself, win, lose or draw, he never looks over excited or ruffled. That alone demands respect. 

• Like 1

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Mad thought, but true. Gerrard being useless made this happen 

No matter how immense the hurt and disappointment, there's always something positive to take from it.

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

To be honest, I’m still waiting for it to go wrong 😂 I’m not used to continued optimism 

It’s the Villa innit 

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

But it's that sense of security that is now wrapped around the club. Almost, like it's only an upward trajectory, with the odd hiccup here and there. 

We can't ask for more than that really. 

• Like 1

“As we move into our historic, 150th anniversary year, there is a lot to look forward to with Unai at the helm.”

Unai said: “I am very happy to take this step and the responsibility of leading this club.

“Since I came to Villa with Wes and Nassef we found always the best environment and structure to develop a project with the highest ambition.

“All the football structure with Monchi and Damian and the owners, we share the same vision and same goals.

“There’s a great chemistry in Aston Villa. And the element of the fans’ support also makes the difference to feel like home. We are really excited to continue this journey with no limits to our dreams.”

spacer.png

• Like 2

Â