Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Looking at that list, be wrong to give full credit but Lo Celso from Argentina, Martinelli from Brazil. Aspas has been brilliant for Sevilla, cut price from Liverpool. 

Parejo, Coquelin, Meunier, Hernandez, Sarabia etc etc all bought below their value 

He works with a Director of Football mainly and worked with some really good ones and has improved players

Aspas was a loan but struggled at Sevilla but has thrived at Celta Vigo

Edited by Zatman

Been thinking about this after my earlier post so here are my FIFA style ratings for current Premier League managers 

95 Pep 

92 Klopp

89 Conte

87 Emery……..

i don’t give a crap about the rest. Feel free to change or add as you see fit. 

38 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Comment on SHA forum:

"On a more light hearted note he’s now managed Sevilla, Villareal and villa. He’s the ultimate DVB.":crylaugh:

Please tell me at some stage he managed David Villa

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Impressive 

Did they have that before joining us though. Gerrard's was 60% before he joined. We managed to halve that essentially. Let's see Unai's by the end of his tenure here ;) 

Seriously though, really hope we don't ruin Unai as well and he can continue his great record with us. The guy is a gem.

Edited by Keyblade

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

You are jokingly aren’t you? The malevolence towards Gerrard on sites like Villatalk was embarrassing and wince-making. And that was the cleaned up version! Go onto Twitter and it was pure  hatred.

I meant specifically the mocking of his accent. 

• Like 1

I just had to list our former managers since O’Neill to my brother and Jesus jumping h Christ what a list. I may have missed some off but I came up with Houllier, McLeish, Lambert, Garde, Sherwood, Di Matteo, Bruce, Smith (the only good appointment) and Gerrard.

What a shambles!!!! How much did we spunk on those severance fees? Eurgh. Makes me physically sick.

But the reason I was making this list was to explain to my brother that yes I am **** thrilled to have a proper manager in charge however he may be perceived. Our ability to hire awful managers who scream of failure from a mile off is just second to none. 

Granted I’ve not got a clue what’s going on here but i love seeing a hands on manager in training. Show me where the assistant does all the coaching etc and the manager does nothing in training  ( the Gerrard/Beale dynamic ) and I’ll show you a team that’s not going well. It just doesn’t happen. Newcastle are a reflection of Howe . Why ? He’s hands on. The last few seconds it looks like something to do with shape and holding a line. Interesting. 

Edited by Johnnyp
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He’s won four European trophies plus multiple domestic honours. Who have we appointed in the past that has more proven success, at that level, than that?

Yeah I’m excited because fans tell me that. Maybe I just expect it to not be good cos it’s us. Anyway, let’s hope it’s as it looks. 

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

He seems to have Darth Vader-esque powers too.

spacer.png

This time Villa. This time we won't ruin the man or their career.

Got a very very very good feeling about this.

Can I be honest? I love this appointment. It’s the right appointment. I think he’s a quality manager. Best manager we have had in my Villa supporting life of about 20 years.

I also think he’s going to be sacked in 9 months time and we will all hate him by then. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, SimplyTheBez said:

Not quite standing on the shoulders of giants, but I love the sentiment!

Feeling good about this. He's considered a failure at Arsenal...but, his win % there would make him our most successful individual manager ever!

Football, eh?

I was going to write the exact same thing.....a failure with a 55% win percentage, some failure.....I'd take that.

Its all relative.

Edited by TRO

Â