Unai Emery

PeterSw

The crucial phrase from Purslow was also the most telling regards Emery's support and influence...

"He will have the PERSONAL support and backing of our owners."

In other words, no going to Purslow cap in hand, straight backing from Nas and Wes. Purslow's been told to keep his nose out of the trough it would seem. I would think that also Lange answers to him, rather than the other way round when it comes to player acquisitions.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

F**k it I'm off to the Tapas bar in Solihull to celebrate. Patatas Bravas and Estrella all round!

Ooh. Freaking love patatas bravas. Went drinking in Valencia once, and it's perfect pre drinking food.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

**** me. Best qualified manager in our history introduced to the world and there are more posts slagging off Purslow than on anything he said. Weirdos. 

I was just thinking that as well. Come on we are better than that ffs

any links to the manchester untied pre match bit? they say it's the end of the broadcast stuff and purslow and lange **** off and then they say the press will get a go as they turn it inot the man u pre match? 

i liked how he said he wants to be here a long time, see's it as a project and wants to develop the teams identity.

Love this guy, a proper coach, genuinely a student of the game.

I think if we back him and give him time, he will be a great manager.

Fingers crossed we dont wreck another managers career, but honestly, if he does fail in my opinion it will be a club problem, not a manager one.

I love some of our players, but to be brutally honest they have had many chances and a fair few of them have continually failed to step up, or step up then stop doing so, i really hope we give Emery time to build the club in his image, with the players he wants, he also has a great track record with youth players, so we might even see some more home-grown lads coming through.

exciting times, IF we continue to back him.

• Like 4

The one thing I’m taking away from Emery’s appointment is that everything seems to be being toned down and measured in regards to the clubs aspirations, which is a good thing. It’s should always be about giving the players the tools and support to be successful on the pitch. If Emery is able to communicate clearly and the players buy in, then those aspirations will hopefully become a reality.

I don't think language will be a problem. He needs to talk about football, not simultaneously discourse about the causes of the UK's economic problems, the latest breakthrough in physics, and Shakespeare's use of metaphors. It's hard to master a language fully, but it's relatively easy to master one limited area of vocabulary. I'm sure the players will understand him when he says "mark him," "start your press here," "go left," "look for the pass," etc. (And I'm sure Matty Cash's Polish is going to be biased towards football language for the same reason.)

• Like 1

Â