Unai Emery

PeterSw

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I was at the 3-1 in 1995

I was 16! **** 16! I was on a conference call about pensions at work onThursday. Thats how long ago it was! 

No beaten them in the league (at home) since 

I remember the day well. I just dint understand why the **** we keep bottling it against these lot at home?

Them and spurs i just simply do not get it.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Surprised nobody has claimed the predictable "I didn't like him from the start" position in the vain hope they are eventually correct and get plaudits for being some visionary rather than being criticised for being a negative clearing in the woods as is their usual experience of life - really this is a first. 

I've  gone from being cautiously optimistic to quietly very optimistic. All good things do come to an end.  I'll  just enjoy the ride and hope for the best, though I'm  as certain  as I can be that we'll  see a big improvement. He seems like such a decent guy that I'll enjoy it all the more. 

I feel a bit like  when Deano joined, but this is on another level.  Those first  few weeks when he joined - before the 10 game run were great fun.  The results weren't  amazing - joy and frustration in equal measure (5-5 against Forest), but you could see it was going somewhere and there was a lot to cheer about. 

Edited by one_ian_taylor
  • Like 1

Man U have found some form so emery’s first game may not be a good result. But no doubt it will a cracking atmosphere and occasion.  He will realise how happy we are with him here and also the size of the club (and the task at hand).

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

42 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Man U have found some form so emery’s first game may not be a good result. But no doubt it will a cracking atmosphere and occasion.  He will realise how happy we are with him here and also the size of the club (and the task at hand).

I am not trying to put a damper on things, but he has to win games too.

We can't afford to go on winless runs, and neither can he.

It will take time, and surgery, but you have win games along the way, to be given THAT time.

It's not easy, when a team is low on confidence....I am just hoping he can instill something, until we get to the Jan Window.

It seems UE & NS is on the case right now, with no intermediaries.....so, I am more confident, we will buy right, in Jan.

Its a tough ole job this, I hope the fan base are tolerant.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am not trying to put a damper on things, but he has to win games too.

We can't afford to go on winless runs, and neither can he.

It will take time, and surgery, but you have win games along the way, to be given THAT time.

It's not easy, when a team is low on confidence....I am just hoping he can instill something, until we get to the Jan Window.

It seems UE & NS is on the case right now, with no intermediaries.....so, I am more confident, we will buy right, in Jan.

Its a tough ole job this, I hope the fan base are tolerant.

Yes he’ll have to win games or we’ll get relegated but we can’t expect him to beat a team at home in his first game when we haven’t beaten them at home since 1995.  I think we’ll get a result against Brighton. 

Im certain the fan base will be tolerant too.

• Like 3

On 04/11/2022 at 10:43, Adam2003 said:

He always, always will. That’s how he has sounded a ‘v’ in his language his whole life and the neural networks in our brains rarely adapt to new sounds even if we are fluent. Same as the average French person will never really pronounce the difference between ship and sheep without significant effort, or even how English people just say ‘Loch’ the same as ‘lock’. All this to say: don’t expect him to ever just say ‘Villa’ because he has practiced more.

Alex Ferguson, got away with his speech impediment for years......funny how selective folk can be.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yes he’ll have to win games or we’ll get relegated but we can’t expect him to beat a team at home in his first game when we haven’t beaten them at home since 1995.  I think we’ll get a result against Brighton. 

Im certain the fan base will be tolerant too.

fair comment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I remember the day well. I just dint understand why the **** we keep bottling it against these lot at home?

Thats what happens when ,you don't get things right, for so long.

I am finally hoping UE can see things, so many past managers couldn't....and with NS's personal backing.....I have hope.

43 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I love the way he stops the training mid drill to explain things. I'm not a professional football but I feel like this would be a good way to learn key instructions rather than playing out the whole drill/session and then explaining what you need to do to improve after it.

• Like 3

“The greatness of this club is the first thing I thought,” he said. “It was a challenge, I decided.”

I wish he said, this is the first club I have managed that have won the biggest trophy in European football. The European Cup.

Would be a nice wee dig at Arsenal fans :)

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

We've had so many chances. Times when we've had the game in the bag but then **** it up. 

Games where they've been there for the taking and we've utterly failed to take the opportunity. 

Games where we've had a decent team playing well and completely failed to turn up. 

Games where we've been totally screwed over by the officials. 

So many late goals.  So so many late goals. 

If he can just do this one thing he'll be almost a legend before he's even started 😂🤣😂

Edited by sidcow
  • Thanks 1

Â