Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

He is performing miracles with this squad, especially when he hasn't had a summer window to build his own team and get rid of the few who evidently aren't capable of playing his way week in week out. 

Disagree.

He is doing a great job, but he's winning the games we should be winning and getting good performances from talented individuals. He's a great manager who we should give everything he wants (players, budget etc).

For me it just underlines how much of a terrible, terrible 'manager' (using the term loosely) SG was. The biggest setback we've had as a club in years. Up the Unai, up the villa

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The Unai table update... 3rd! ( Although teams around us do have games in hand )

FB_IMG_1679163698996.jpg

That's wrong. I just went through results since Man U win and Brentford have 27pts. I think we're about 6th on GD

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Disagree.

He is doing a great job, but he's winning the games we should be winning and getting good performances from talented individuals. He's a great manager who we should give everything he wants (players, budget etc).

For me it just underlines how much of a terrible, terrible 'manager' (using the term loosely) SG was. The biggest setback we've had as a club in years. Up the Unai, up the villa

Yep. Imagine if we'd had Emery at the start of the season. We would be right in the Champions League conversation. 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Note that one of if not our most key player, and replacements have been out for the last couple of games.

Yet the style of play and incremental improvement has continued.

Proper Manager.

With a relatively thin squad.

Totally agree 👍also tells me it is a dressing room without ego and good spirit. There is no “ star “ player who feels he’s above work and what a sense of team is about. Sense that Emery nips this stuff out. 

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Note that one of if not our most key player, and replacements have been out for the last couple of games.

Yet the style of play and incremental improvement has continued.

Proper Manager.

With a relatively thin squad.

The despair of Kamara being out was huge - i shared it but so glad to see how the Unai plan supersedes the obstacles like injuries - imagine what he can do with a better squad!

• Like 2

We’re on course for 67 points if we extrapolate the form under Emery over a season. That would have gotten us top 6 in the last five seasons.

I know that’s simplifying things a whole lot but it’s still impressive. The guy is transforming the club in his short time here. Think of things he’s capable of after a whole summer window and a pre season.

Because the points comparison won’t totally go away with some caution having been applied previously about getting carried away with Emery when it’s put forward -

Emery 14 games, 26 points.

After 16 games, Gerrard had 26 points. His next 22 matches brought 18 points.

I honestly think there’s a good chance of picking up 18 more points in the final 11 games of the season, at which point the points comparison can die it’s death.

Because there’s **** all else you can compare between the two.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

Just now, useless said:

This is table since Emery took over. We're sixth in it, twenty-six points from fourteen games.

I know it’s a nice graphic but think we should park this stuff - only end up tormenting yourself. Bring on Chelsea !!

48 minutes ago, maxjackle said:

As long as we stay with this guy and back him to the hilt when the inevitable bad run comes I fully believe he will get us into Europe, and quite possibly win us a cup. 

There is no reason why not is there. He seems to be able to win football matches . By coaching players to perform better than they have before and by introducing tactics designed to maximise our chances of winning rather than waiting for a bit of magic like his predecessor did. 

So far he has improved Watkins Kamara Luiz Mings and McGinn significantly . All showing form equal or in excess to their very best in claret and blue. Key players in key positions. He is  getting real consistency in their play and in this form are top 7 players. Then when he gets to add his own players who will have quality but also who Emery thinks can make even better, then cups and top 7 will be possible . If he can then bring through the very best of our youth and integrate them at the same time it will be a great position to be in. 

Got some really tough games coming up in the last 11 . Manure Brentford Chelsea wolves Liverpool and Leicester away and newcastle brighton spurs fulham and forest at home. 

8 of them currently above us in the league. But i am not worried by that. Of course we will lose some but isnt it great to know our manager will know how to give us a chance to win all of them . 

• Like 2

You can see why he has the CV he has. It's night and day from the mindless turgid shit we had 6 months ago. We look like we've got a plan game to game, that we know how to execute, and the plan is put into place in a machine like way.

He's fantastic.

• Like 4

Â