Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Fingers crossed, but it sounds like a coup

I was Impressed with what Luis Miguel Echegaray had to say on UE.

Yes! Me too! And this appointment has just made me realise I’ve been so disconnected with football, because I now understand (after tonnes of reading and watching over the past 10 days) why this appointment is pretty **** good. 

Much better than having a manager with an ego who pisses off players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

What’s Unais transfer policy? Buy young or buy established?

Buy players he’s worked with before. I expect there to be a fair few links to Villarreal players. I’d be surprised if he didn’t go in for the likes of Jackson and Lo Celso. 

Unai is the real deal as he has the experience and the trophies to back it up. I thought I wanted Poch but I’m really pleased with this appointment. Of course it could still go belly up, in true Villa fashion, but we are due some good fortune - right?

Edited by Strog
  • Like 4

Surprised nobody has claimed the predictable "I didn't like him from the start" position in the vain hope they are eventually correct and get plaudits for being some visionary rather than being criticised for being a negative clearing in the woods as is their usual experience of life - really this is a first. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Come on emery make a immediate impact by doing what no villa manager has managed to do in 20 years in your 1st game.

Please 🙏 

I was at the 3-1 in 1995

I was 16! **** 16! I was on a conference call about pensions at work onThursday. Thats how long ago it was! 

No beaten them in the league (at home) since 

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Surprised nobody has claimed the predictable "I didn't like him from the start" position in the vain hope they are eventually correct and get plaudits for being some visionary rather than being criticised for being a negative clearing in the woods as is their usual experience of life - really this is a first. 

There’s definitely people who’ve insinuated this 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Xela said:

I was at the 3-1 in 1995

I was 16! **** 16! I was on a conference call about pensions at work onThursday. Thats how long ago it was! 

No beaten them in the league (at home) since 

I was just a little child then. I've been actively following and supporting Villa since like 2000 and I have yet to see us beat United at home. It's ridiculous.

• Like 1

Â