Unai Emery

PeterSw

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Honestly... The position we've been left in is so shite, we need to pull off some shock results to pull away from the danger area.

Wins against Man U, Chelsea and Leicester Unai... No pressure!

I think 3 points from those three games would be a good result, given where we are 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This is only acceptable if it’s one of these:

spacer.png 

Right back on topic. Really excited to welcome Unai at Villa Park today. 

Same here cannot wait

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Honestly... The position we've been left in is so shite, we need to pull off some shock results to pull away from the danger area.

In most cases a a manger gets sacked after a really hard run of games and then a new manager comes in with easier fixtures and it seems he has turned it around. When in reality they would have won those games anyway. 

With us it’s the complete opposite. Emery has one job on his hands and whilst I hate to admit it. We will at some point need to worry about a relegation scrap.  I’m pretty certain we’ll pull away though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Yes mate 

Ah, nah near the town mate but tbf Bloxwich is pretty much Walsall. 

Gonna drive up to star city today though and walk from there. Something I’ve never done before but it don’t seem that far.  

I’ll do anything for Unai. 🤣 

So excited to see what team he will pick and how we approach the game. But I guess it’s way to soon for him to get his ideas across. We’ll need to give them a hell of a game purely on adrenaline and support of the crowd today.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ah, nah near the town mate but tbf Bloxwich is pretty much Walsall. 

Gonna drive up to star city today though and walk from there. Something I’ve never done before but it don’t seem that far.  

I’ll do anything for Unai. 🤣 

So excited to see what team he will pick and how we approach the game. But I guess it’s way to soon for him to get his ideas across. We’ll need to give them a hell of a game purely on adrenaline and support of the crowd today.

used to go to the fifth nightclub on a Wednesday night when it was 50p a pint🤣🤣
I am fascinated by the whole affair. We’ve never had a manager of  his pedigree. Looking forward to see his influence rub off on individual players thus making the more intelligent. I think he will have a field day with Bailey 🤞🤞

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Well I’m gonna play the spoons for him,  he can like it or piss off

If Mancini had got the job and brought his Derek Guyler lookalike coach with him we could have all turned up at games playing the washboard.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

My mate from London calls me a yammer but I’m from Walsall.  Does that make me a yammer?

As for changes for the new regime surely we must start serving Tapas instead of Pukka Pies!    

You may be in a cultural vacuum there VLV. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Kinda hoping people don't start bringing accordions to VP if I'm honest.

I think the chances of that happening are fairly remote sne, but why don’t you want people to bring along accordions?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rolta said:

I just find lazy stereotypes a bit cringeworthy, especially when they stereotype one country with the stereotype of a different country/people from thousands of miles away on a completely different continent. If people dressed up with maracas and, presumably, sombreros or something because our manager is Spanish, it would be very lame. (And if you think about it it would also be like wearing aboriginal clothes every time Dean Smith won a game.)

Couldn't agree more. This is why I will be turning up in my normal suit, tie and bowler hat, Daily Telegraph stuffed under one arm. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah. Some of those terrible results Gerrard kindly passed our way against low ranked teams are going to really bite the next few games. 

Something today would mean so much more than finally beating United. 

3 hours ago, Rolta said:

Because Spain is so famous for their...maracas?? (Maracas aren't from Spain, and this idea is crap even if if they were)

I guess people here sometimes wear hats like any other country, so some people could wear hats if they like. A cap or something...oh, or maybe even a shirt from Zara.

Well your a happy bunny aren't you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Well your a happy bunny aren't you. 

I'm very much looking forward to the game! (and sorry if I came across a bit intense @Robtaylor200! I'm living in Madrid and the maracas thing jumped out at me.)

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

Â