Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so full of hope again. This really seems like an amazing chance to return to the big time and start to win the games we expect to win. Fair play to the owners we have a professional manager and of course his entourage, this is a massive investment by them. If it fails, it is not the boards fault this time. It would be truly amazing to get anything from the Manure game. 

But Unai is also asking us to do our part and Unai you will not believe the atmosphere when you walk out into Villa Park on Sunday it will be so loud and as long as the team play until they are totally spent out and we see things changing for the better, then we will be behind you and our support will be deafening you will never want to leave 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

If he gets us into winning form, we should all turn up with Holiday hats and maracas 

Because Spain is so famous for their...maracas?? (Maracas aren't from Spain, and this idea is crap even if if they were)

I guess people here sometimes wear hats like any other country, so some people could wear hats if they like. A cap or something...oh, or maybe even a shirt from Zara.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I bet you're fun at parties. 

I just find lazy stereotypes a bit cringeworthy, especially when they stereotype one country with the stereotype of a different country/people from thousands of miles away on a completely different continent. If people dressed up with maracas and, presumably, sombreros or something because our manager is Spanish, it would be very lame. (And if you think about it it would also be like wearing aboriginal clothes every time Dean Smith won a game.)

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

I definitely find lazy stereotypes a bit cringeworthy, especially when they stereotype one country with the stereotype of a country/people from thousands of miles away on a completely different continent. If people dressed up with maracas and, presumably, sombreros or something because our manager is Spanish, it would be very lame. 

He was so very clearly joking. He's also very excited about the game today and a little high on hope. (See his previous post).

Not everything needs to be taken at the lazy stereotype level. 

UTV.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

He was so very clearly joking. He's also very excited about the game today and a little high on hope. (See his previous post).

Not everything needs to be taken at the lazy stereotype level. 

UTV.

Maracas aren't from Spain. It was literally a lazy stereotype for the wrong race of human beings 🙃

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Maracas aren't from Spain. It was literally a lazy stereotype for the wrong race of human beings 🙃

Such cultural ignorance from our fan base could result in Unai storming out and who could blame him? I believe though he would be delighted by castanets played to a crescendo in the stands and the Spanish guitar for post match drinks in the players lounge. Perhaps we could throw in a few Basque separatist ditties once we go three goals up on Sunday? Too much?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Such cultural ignorance from our fan base could result in Unai storming out and who could blame him? I believe though he would be delighted by castanets played to a crescendo in the stands and the Spanish guitar for post match drinks in the players lounge. Perhaps we could throw in a few Basque separatist ditties once we go three goals up on Sunday? Too much?

Definitely better, but yeah the whole Basque vs. Spanish thing is of course a potential pitfall! 😛 I just want him to like us.

Anyway, new dawn and all. I'm sure we're all excited.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

Definitely better, but yeah the whole Basque vs. Spanish thing is of course a potential pitfall! 😛 I just want him to like us.

Anyway, new dawn and all. I'm sure we're all excited.

Definitely something to get us shaking our maracas about. Woops sorry it’s so easy to be lazy. I have a mate from Essex  who, despite my numerous attempts to educate, refers to me as a Yamma. A cultural error made by huge amounts of our countrymen when referring to us Brummies. As is their attempts at our sophisticated accent. Peaky Blinders has helped a little but you know. 

Nothing wrong with Black Country Villans, I hasten to add. 

• Like 2

Won't be easy as utd are not as useless as they use to be unfortunately 

Be a tough game but im hoping we can cause utd problems and villa park is rocking despite the weather.

They will try quiet the crowd early today so we have to be alert from the moment we start

17 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Castanets and guitar are more of a Andalusian/southern Spain thing. Basque would be things like pipes, pandero (tambourine) and accordion.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Definitely something to get us shaking our maracas about. Woops sorry it’s so easy to be lazy. I have a mate from Essex  who, despite my numerous attempts to educate, refers to me as a Yamma. A cultural error made by huge amounts of our countrymen when referring to us Brummies. As is their attempts at our sophisticated accent. Peaky Blinders has helped a little but you know. 

Nothing wrong with Black Country Villans, I hasten to add. 

My mate from London calls me a yammer but I’m from Walsall.  Does that make me a yammer?

As for changes for the new regime surely we must start serving Tapas instead of Pukka Pies!    

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

My mate from London calls me a yammer but I’m from Walsall.  Does that make me a yammer?

As for changes for the new regime surely we must start serving Tapas instead of Pukka Pies!    

Norrf of Watford innit, Burningum? 

In all fairness I had you down as being from Bloco for some reason

Edited by Follyfoot

Â