Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Percy saying we've signed Emery to a 4.5 year contract, the longest contract we've ever signed a new manager to in recent memory.  Also says Emery is bringing with him up to 8 backroom staffers.  Going to be here for the long haul and both parties are treating this like a long term project.  

When he gets here

14 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Percy saying we've signed Emery to a 4.5 year contract, the longest contract we've ever signed a new manager to in recent memory.  Also says Emery is bringing with him up to 8 backroom staffers.  Going to be here for the long haul and both parties are treating this like a long term project.  

All for it if true.

Emery has a history of success, improving players and promoting youth, if this is to be his and the clubs project im all for it, if Emery needs to pull the club root and stem, so be it tbh.

I hope a fair few of our players can step up to the mark, they have had their chance to do so over the last 2-3 years or so, and now with Emery at the helm, tbh, if they dont, they dont....

3 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Well that's a bit unnecessary.  Thanks to Brexit this country now has the legal ability to change that rule if we see fit.

P.S.  Before I get hounded off the Internet for life, I think that is something a remainer could accept as an inevitable consequence.  Pros, cons, respectable differences of opinion and all that.

The Brexit Bonanza is just never ending. Firstly the NHS flooded with extra cash and now this. 

my-dancing.gif

Edited by sidcow
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Clearly home office have some other issues to resolve and aren't meeting the timeline they gave the club.

Looks like the priority service is 5 days if you're in a country that offers it. Presumably that means 5 working days, and I guess he submitted the application on or the day after the 24th when we confirmed the appointment.

5 working days from then would have been Monday.

Wonder if we can sue the home office for loss of income when we lose to Man Utd because Unai couldnt take training today after they didn't deliver on the service we paid for?

On 31/10/2022 at 09:27, Spoony said:

Tbh, “the end of Jan” is not giving him a chance to stead the ship and isn’t consistent with the vibe of your post. 3 months to go essentially completely rebuild and rejuvenate one of the worst teams in the league, and that’s without considering the end of Jan doesn’t give him a chance to work with his own signings and also doesn’t take into account a winter World Cup. He needs a year minimum. 

Steady the ship to me doesn't mean competing with the top 4, it means grinding out a 1-0 win against Brentford. It means us starting to play the right way and getting a few more points on the board.

5 hours ago, KMitch said:

Not to be cynical but the other way to look at this is Emery and his agent saying “well, if they decide to sack me/him within a year like they tend to do, let’s make sure there’s 3.5 years pay off.”

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Not to be cynical but the other way to look at this is Emery and his agent saying “well, if they decide to sack me/him within a year like they tend to do, let’s make sure there’s 3.5 years pay off.”

I have difficulty to imaging that next season we would only have 9 points after 11 matches, with Emery as manager.

We do not sack managers every year, Gerrard was sacked after a year, but Smith had 3 years and Bruce had 2 years. Fair enough, before that we were a little bit like Watford.

I think it’s more likely that Emery will be here 4 years time, than we have sacked him.

Knowing life his case was looked after by a lovely lady called Jeanette from the home office. Jeanette has been most helpful throughout the process and promised Purslow the documents will be sorted yesterday.

Purslow, eager to get Emery in, emailed Jeanette around midday yesterday to ask for an update on the visa status.

Jeanette is away from office until 21st November. 

Â