Unai Emery

PeterSw

16 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

That is pretty standard for work visas around the world. If you are in the country on a visitor visa but want to transfer to a more permanent visa you need to be out of the country for it it be officially granted, then enter the country on the correct visa. 

That sounds familiar the more I think about it. I’ve had some aussie buddies who had to leave US for a day, they’d fly to London, for visa purposes. Not exactly sure what for but it goes with what you’re saying. Still seems silly that they can’t just process it at an embassy and adjust the visa while the person is already in the country.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't he just go to Cymru for a day?   I hear it's like a whole different country with their own language even.  Or maybe Glasgow?  As far as my ears are concerned that's a whole different language also.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

That is pretty standard for work visas around the world. If you are in the country on a visitor visa but want to transfer to a more permanent visa you need to be out of the country for it it be officially granted, then enter the country on the correct visa. 

I didn't have to when I got mine in Germany and my wife shouldn't have to if / when she gets hers for the UK, not heard anything about it for the guys working in the UK from my company either but most who come here for a longer period get theirs before they travel, that's how I know about the meetings being OK, we send plenty of people over with no visas at all for 2 or 3 days at a time

Might be different for him because I'm guessing they'll be getting him the super fast tracked visa maybe specific to the football / entertainment industry

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so are ppl saying we have effectively messed up with him coming too early?, so now he will need to leave the country to come back in under a work visa?

No not really, he's come in on a visit I reckon to get his feet on ground, one approved he just pops out n pops in, pretty straightforward.

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Wait, he’ll have to leave and re-enter? I hope that’s not the case as that would be a ridiculous waste of time.

Can be very good for prolonging duration so I’ve heard lads (cough cough)……UE playing the long game 😉.  Respect. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

When does the squad leave for Dubai?

They’ve left already. Emery turned up and there was nobody there to take part in his training session. So he went to Selfridges to do some shopping instead. 
Couldn’t make it up mate. 

Â